Munich High-End 2018 Ron Report: Goebel Divin Majestic

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
LoL
True dat.

Stenheim moves the mid-section drivers with a remote control for fine tuning the listening position.

I saw that regarding the remote. Now that is clever. I have to say I hated my big Wilsons because of the adjustments and timing needed to be done “manually” and as we audiophiles are OCD you can only imagine how much I had to get up and “micro-adjust” and was never satisfied. Kudos to them for feeding our OCD with a remote

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
I modified my original post to reduce the likelihood of mischievous misinterpretation. :)

Don’t worry Ron we “audiophile peons” forgive you for your transgressions and please just have some fun, while those of us stuck listening to our systems, in the duldroms of our listening rooms suffer

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ron can be accused of many things - polite to a fault, generous, enthusiastic, patient - but mischievous? Never!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hard to say. At those prices and size #1 I would have to be worth much more than I am, #2 I would have to hear them properly setup with gear I would be using on the front end and #3, I would have to have a BIG room able to handle their massive air movement.
Of course I would need to own a crane to find their sweet spots.
Plus both could be used as a good start to a family mausoleum, I guess making the Stenheim a better deal as you get 4 cabinets instead of just two.

Agree with Priaptor on his #1-#3.

I went to listen to the Divin in the new 2nd showroom of Audioexotics twice.
IMO the Divin is so huge that 99.99% of audiophiles' homes can't accommodate it.
It's like a "concept speaker", similar to concept cars in car shows.

And I heard that Goebel is making a more practical and smaller model for the Audioexotics Show this summer. It's about the size of a Wilson Audio Alexx.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Mischievous misinterpretation or not, your modification is excellent! Thanks, Ron, much appreciated.

Thank you, Al, for your fair and accurate critique!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thank you, Al, for your fair and accurate critique!

You're welcome Ron, and please return the favor when called for! I'm sure the moment will come, sooner or later. While I try to be accurate, often I'm not.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
don’t worry ron we “audiophile peons” forgive you for your transgressions and please just have some fun, while those of us stuck listening to our systems, in the duldroms of our listening rooms suffer

lol!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Any idea which cartridge they used on the Kronos? Looks like possibly a Zyx but can't be sure. TIA!

I went back to check: ZYX Universe Optimum with carbon fiber cantilever.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I just spent 45 minutes in the Divin Majestic room listening to vocals with simple acoustic accompaniment and bit of classical. Please rest assured this speaker does it all!

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I just spent 45 minutes in the Divin Majestic room listening to vocals were simple acoustic accompaniment and bit of classical. Please rest assured this speaker does it all!

Intriguing...does it tempt to the point of reconsidering the Pendragons?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
No, ultimately I prefer planar speakers.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Find it curious that Gobel elects a very different topology/technology for their statement speakers....struggle to see how this meshes with their distinctive bending wave...

Erased

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ron, this is not a test for doing it all. This is a typical high end audio show demo.
Did you listen to any Electronica, ambient, Americana, prog?
Some jazz and classical is not a wide enough test.
Infinitely Baffled has turned down the Zellaton Statements for precisely this reason.
I’m sure they sounded nice on the usual Munich show musical fare.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Ron, this is not a test for doing it all. This is a typical high end audio show demo.
Infinitely Baffled has turned down the Zellaton Statements for precisely this reason.

During my visit they played:
Kraftwerk; female and male voice; Toccata and if I remember correctly: Daft Punk Get Lucky

In my opinion the Divin reproduced all of them to the "same" level.
The bass on the Kraftwerk track was amazing. Best I heard at the show.

Fremer also stoped by and listend. He had Louis from Kronos spin his records.
I think he liked it, because he said he stayed longer than he had planned.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, that’s promising at least.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

IB heard the Zellaton statements? Or the horns that he turned them down for?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I believe he gleaned they didn’t do his bass heavy material well, and passed.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
The new AE showroom.
I’m surprised Ked hasn’t booked his visit yet.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing