AF0 from Munchen

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I was never addressing the "in there", just the details about the A80 capstan motor, that I had posted pictures. What are you exactly addressing by "in there"?

The AF0 motor, that's what we were talking about with Shakti.

david

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The AF0 motor, that's what we were talking about with Shakti.

david

Thanks - so you are saying that the Shakti is not a three phase motor?

It’s actually a single phase motor that you can drive with a three phase supply too.

david

I can not figure how can they drive a single phase motor with a three phase supply. Can you explain us?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thanks - so you are saying that the Shakti is not a three phase motor?

Yes

I can not figure how can they drive a single phase motor with a three phase supply. Can you explain us?

I'm not an electronics engineer and can't explain it to you, we also had a 3 phase supply made for the same motor but didn't see a sonic advantage over a single phase one. I'll look for the wiring diagrams for this motor and post it later if I find it.

david

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Thanks for correcting the Autocorrect Andrew, hard to see at times on a phone screen :)!

The spectrum is the beauty of analog LP playback.

david

Ah yes David the dreaded autocorrect

I love all the ones you mentioned

Ida has a special place though

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
we also had a 3 phase supply made for the same motor but didn't see a sonic advantage over a single phase one.

For once in my audio journey, I made a smart buy. :D

Tang

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
It is something that's best experienced. Think of the difference as different orchestras and/or conductors playing the same piece of music, even at the very top each orchestra has it's own sound and competency level this where the difference is. You can also think of it in terms of Heifetz vs Handel and in extreme case vs Kremer, take your pick.

At this level playback it really comes down to levels of naturalness and realism than anything else, of course the rest of the chain need to be up to it. Sadly even top level tts of any kind aren't even close to the Beyond group's "Natural & Believable" sound, again something that first hand experience will show you in a few minutes what is nearly impossible to explain in writing.

david

Excellent.
And in different venues.

Don't forget Oistrakh. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing