AF3 Premium ordered

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
End of may around will arrive AF3 Premium,together with Torqueo compact Limited

I think AF3 Premium with his new 29 kg composite platter will be more similar AF2 and AF1 with his weight on mid bass
I will put Basis Superarm 9 and could be Durand Kairos
and Saec 506 on Torqueo

They Will reach Bergmann and Schopper 124,so i can finally use and listen all my cartridges

Regards

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Gian! :)

Out of curiosity why the Durand Kairos and not the Durand Telos?

Which cartridge will you put on the Superarm 9, and which cartridge would you put on the Durand?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao Ron,

Kairos first because cost much much less than Telos.
Italian distributor,that is also CH distributor has 1 in stock with his cable,and give to me at very good price
I will put GFS on Kairos,following the Mike experience,Coralstone Diamond on Saec 506 on Torqueo,and on Basis i will try Opus 1 and Atlas sl

PS,Hope Bonzo don't come to visit me otherwise i have to put all cartridges to all tonearm

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
But i already am ready for the visit of friend Ked,so he will post the difference because my English is very poor

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Those combinations all make sense to me, Gian. The Koetsu might also work on the Basis.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ciao Ron,

Kairos first because cost much much less than Telos.
Italian distributor,that is also CH distributor has 1 in stock with his cable,and give to me at very good price
I will put GFS on Kairos,following the Mike experience,Coralstone Diamond on Saec 506 on Torqueo,and on Basis i will try Opus 1 and Atlas sl

PS,Hope Bonzo don't come to visit me otherwise i have to put all cartridges to all tonearm

Haha, this will be great. I would like to hear the Opus on all three arms

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
congrats Gian!
great TT!

i have the AF-3, and also waiting for my Torqueo to arrived in June±...

enjoy!

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
SAT got some new arms being released this week in munich.
hopefully mostly trickle-down tech and materials.

stsxerses

Apr 5, 2018
Hi Gian I have a Koetsu Coralstone mounted on a Basis Superarm 9 and it works great. I will be very interested to see your thoughts on the AF3 Premium as this is one of the turntables I had in mind to audition to hear if it is a step up from my current Brinkman Le Grange regards

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Gian, congrats! I don't think you'll be needing your Torqueo anymore, so you can hand it down to me. :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am also curious to listen Torqueo
I took the limited model
We see

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing