Tannoy

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
I have a room size of 14x24 ft. with 10.6ft celing looking at a speaker from the tannoy prestige series to mate with all ypsilon gear can anyone suggest which one I should go for taking
room size into consideration.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am doing a tannoy tour listening to Canterbury, modded Canterbury and Westminster, but will take two to three months to share my experiences

Last edited:

mulveling

Jul 6, 2017
That's a perfect sized room for the Canterbury GR. Fantastic midrange; can be supplemented with dual subs if you need to improve the bass extension, but they'll do fine on their own if you don't require hitting 25 Hz and below. The GRF 90 has slightly better bass extension, but according to my dealer the Canterbury GR has better midrange, and you can't fix that with subs - I kind of had the prior-line version of this matchup with Canterbury SE and Yorkminster SE (similar to GRF 90) in my room, and the Canterbury indeed has better mids. I later upgraded to the Canterbury GR model, which is much improved over the SE, and doesn't need supertweeters like the SE did.

The Westminster seems like it would be too big for that room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing