2.5mm 4 pole jack to RCA digital coaxial cable - surround sound problem

wojowojo

May 5, 2018
I'm new to the forum so big HI,

I've recently bought Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2+ Full HD HDMI 1080p media player to connect to my 5.1 surround system ( logitach Z906).

Media player output is 2.5mm 4 pole jack to rca through coaxial port. Player comes with cable of poor quality and I managed to break it. I'm now looking for replacement of that cable but cannot find it anywhere (INTERNET?!?!??!). Sumvision has v. bad customer support system and does not help with broken parts replacement.

What is this cable and is there any way around it?

Only output port in the player that supports 5.1 is this coaxial mini jack.

you can see the cable on the left on this photo
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Sp0ZrleZePQ/maxresdefault.jpg

I'd really appreciate help!

Thanks!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just use the Coaxial into Coaxial Digital. I'd be surprised if it doesn't send a MCH stream.

wojowojo

May 5, 2018
JackD201

could you show me an example of that cable/connetion?

by MCH you mean multi channel?

and one more question - If the jack is 4 pole, 2.5mm can I use normal adapter to go into 3.5mm, 4 pole jack

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think what you have is a combo port. In your case some sleeves are wired for analog but one should bbe for coaxial digital. Normally you would use the HDMi but I see the logitech doesn't have it. You should have been givenn a 2.5 cable that outputs to what should be an orange coded RCA. That or one of the breakout cable leads should be orange (digital). If you broke your cable it appears you will need to get a new one from sumvision as I don't know any other that uses that kind of combo port. The other option would be to find out from logitech about a workaround for HDMi sources. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. I thought at first that the Sumvisionn had a separate Coax digital out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing