Crazy Looking Metals & Sins Tape Deck. Is it real or a Just A Study In Design?

Coteluc

Aug 26, 2017
Toronto, Canada
It's a LOT more than "recapped". Looks like the SP mechanics are up top. The electronics may be in the bottom. No idea if he's using the Stella modules or his own.

Lots of pictures and marketing writings and .. lots of pictures.. but very little information on what is inside, is it a modern audio design, pricing and availability.

Don't take me wrong, I am not dissing it. I have a couple of Studer and a Lyrec, I am interested in this unit as a purchase. I did send a request for information to aaudioimports, hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

Just sketchy on details so far, it doesn't appear to be like a locked in final shipping product. How much do they reuse from the original SP? Is this why parts availability come into play in future units available for sale?

yjwu

Jun 28, 2011
Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Wow! It is a very unconventional 3D design; a brave step forward from tradition. It reminds me the "spider like" creature - Boris the animal? No offense here. How does it sound? In similar line: Is the preliminary test result published in German Stereo Magazine of Ballfinger M063 good enough?

Last edited:

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Does it have any electronics or plans to sell it or is it just a design exercise?

The deck shown in Munchen is a prototype...non-operational. It may be available in Fall based on Stella transport/electronics.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing