microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Just the youtube video

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I’m ineterested. I have a small space so if they are not a terrible load it will be worth consideration.

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
The two way market is hyper saturated and any thing over the 5 k mark is tough sell . Wilson has a house sound but I will be curious to see what the price point is .. Small cab and a mid woofer and tweeter with knowledge used from trickle down tech make for a potential economical price point .. That being said are you willing to risk cheapening the brand name with a low entry product .. This is not a negative as I have two pairs of Wilson speakers and believe in them

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
will the crossover be in the stands like the duette?
don't think it will be under 10k. should be between 10 -13k would be my guess.
depends on the crossover location and the materials used in the cabinet and the baffle.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The two way market is hyper saturated and any thing over the 5 k mark is tough sell . Wilson has a house sound but I will be curious to see what the price point is .. Small cab and a mid woofer and tweeter with knowledge used from trickle down tech make for a potential economical price point .. That being said are you willing to risk cheapening the brand name with a low entry product .. This is not a negative as I have two pairs of Wilson speakers and believe in them

No danger of cheapening the brand if it is built like a tank and sounds great. I'm sure they are painted in the same luxury auto paint booths as the Chronosonics.

Also think about how many people want a Wilson pair but don't have $20K or how many existing Wilson owners there are (over a hundred thousand?) who might have a need for a desktop/office/bookshelf system...

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

The drivers are inexpensive relatively. (that's true for the tweeters and mids all the way into the WAMM) So there is no "tech" with them like special designed planars.

But Wilson has proprietary cabinet materials, and that is where their "tech" is at for these. Those costs are unknown to me so will it exceed $5k? Given the dealership style of business, them being a decent sized company, and the proprietary cabinets... Yes I expect it to be higher. Do I think it's a good way to go? Hell no. They need to get people into their door, so to speak. So I suspect it'll be a pointless product except for those whom have brand loyalty and $ to burn on extra mini systems. You can only make a standard "bookshelf" monitor so well, and the competition is HIGH for them.

Given the price of the Sabrina, I would expect these to be $8-13k.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing