ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
That’s correct 250k a pair
They weight 600 lbs and are capable of 6000watts into 2 ohm that’s a current of over 50 A in your power line at 120V

Each rail is its own amplifier I am lead to believe
Note they changed the name from Helius to relentless

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
That’s correct 250k a pair
They weight 600 lbs and are capable of 6000watts into 2 ohm that’s a current of over 50 A in your power line at 120V

Each rail is its own amplifier I am lead to believe
Note they changed the name from Helius to relentless (...)

Oh yes, I remember I was in these sessions - some years ago in our distributor premises ...

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I just looked back at some old posts and saw where Dan discussed his vision for these amps at a Paragon event back in October of 2013. About five years in the development stage.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I just looked back at some old posts and saw where Dan discussed his vision for these amps at a Paragon event back in October of 2013. About five years in the development stage.

He has been waiting for the WAMM's to voice them ... ;)

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Sure look Nice , well iirc mr dagostino was more or less the inventor of monstrous SS Amps, he hasnt forgotten where he came from .
I m telling ya , if IT aint Above 200K its not gonna sound good , lol.
May be some chinese bought a vampire of a speaker , and now has finally the amp to get them going.
Im actually seriously thinking of a power reduction in my system .
It can also sound a bit to dynamic in my view at Times.
May be i ll buy a Nice laid back old school solidstate pre Ml 32

Last edited:

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
You know, some believe the first watt is the most important. And that SETs can do it better on 35 watts. But if you want concert levels and bleeding ear drums, albeit sounding synthetic at the same time - each to their own...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
You know, some believe the first watt is the most important. And that SETs can do it better on 35 watts. But if you want concert levels and bleeding ear drums, albeit sounding synthetic at the same time - each to their own...

Astrostar,

What is the purpose of this inflammatory comment in a thread about the Dan D'Agostino Relentless Mono Power-amplifier?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Astrostar,

What is the purpose of this inflammatory comment in a thread about the Dan D'Agostino Relentless Mono Power-amplifier?

+1000

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Imo there is nothing inflammatory in his remark.
Cant see the connection here .

Imo there is a balance with which a certain speaker sounds best based on music preference /room size etc.
The biggest poweramp doesnt nesscarilly has to be the best for a certain speaker

Last edited:

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Sometimes it makes me wonder how does a manufacture voice his product until he himself is not a keen listener and even if he is what extra does he give in terms of SQ that he thinks a wooping price is justified
In my opinion a manufacture if he is really interested in music and not money should price his product that mass people can enjoy his achievement rather making products which are out of reach to all except the blessed ones who probably dont have the time for music.
You need not make a fancy looking product to sell, for it is meant for music not display your wealth to do that you have many other products in the world.I do not say the product should not be well built but taking it
to a level which is unaffordable for no engineering advancement in music except than a show piece is un comprehended by me
Well its my opinion yours may differ

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Sometimes it makes me wonder how does a manufacture voice his product until he himself is not a keen listener and even if he is what extra does he give in terms of SQ that he thinks a wooping price is justified
In my opinion a manufacture if he is really interested in music and not money should price his product that mass people can enjoy his achievement rather making products which are out of reach to all except the blessed ones who probably dont have the time for music.
You need not make a fancy looking product to sell, for it is meant for music not display your wealth to do that you have many other products in the world.I do not say the product should not be well built but taking it
to a level which is unaffordable for no engineering advancement in music except than a show piece is un comprehended by me
Well its my opinion yours may differ

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Well you got also the Asian market to satisfy , if A has a 400 Watt amp , B wants a 500 watt .
Its part of a luxury business off course.
Its not only sound that sells it needs looks as well,.
Plus he has a more entry-level Line up.
To state its all about looks is far off , imo .
Iirc he uses coppper and stainless, which seems more form follows function.
Copper for its. Cooling effect , stainless because its a fairly dead Metal .

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I cant look into his manufacturing cost.
But what i also know is if that if you would price things very low , people wont buy it because they think it must be crap then.
If it competes on the same level as the big Boulder 3050 monos its accurately priced.
Im sure however that in the Above Brands mentioned you also pay for good enginering

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
I cant look into his manufacturing cost.
But what i also know is if that if you would price things very low , people wont buy it because they think it must be crap then.
If it competes on the same level as the big Boulder 3050 monos its accurately priced.
Im sure however that in the Above Brands mentioned you also pay for good enginering

Will the amp be at Munich H-end? If yes, I am going to suss it out for sure..... listen to it at 5-10 watts of power and judge it on it's sonics. I don't care or am interested in the extra 2000 watts or whatever. Only real world levels in realistic sized rooms. Which makes me come onto the subject, if we build decent and efficient speakers, why do we need 2,000 watts? Lamm and the big Wilsons work so well together, a 'match made in heaven' as described by many reviewers, yet the Lamm ML3 has 'only' 32 watts...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Some speakerdesigns ask for it , like for example a MBL radialstrahler which needs power.
Older arrakis , and there are probably a lot more , not everybody is in the set / high efficiency cone loudspeakerscamp

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
But i have to agree with you , my speakers for example plus a Convergent set up in a good room would be a tough one to beat at any price.
It doesnt need to be in the 200 K range to get extraordinary sound , the endresult gets the determined by the mix match capabilities of the end user

Last edited:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
the latest CAT Convergent JL3 Statement Amps were also above 100k...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing