Do you have any 'autographed' LPs or CDs?

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
About 20 years ago, I was in the backyard working on the pool and a golf ball dropped in close to our fence which boarders the second fairway at PCC.

Shortly after, a cart pulls up to the ball and out comes Willie Nelson. I said hi, and watched him play his shot.

Our daughter recognized Willie and brought out his Stardust LP and got him to autograph it.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Sorry I spent it on dope.

Now that's honest!

I have a Karrin Allyson CD "Ballads" that I had her sign at a concert,she was is hot.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Now that's honest!

I have a Karrin Allyson CD "Ballads" that I had her sign at a concert,she was is hot.

Oh I forgot :) I have an autographed Jacqui Naylor Tape Project tape :) She was kind enough to autograph TP#001 after her concert at the Blue Note last year!

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Attended a recording premier and had Mitch Miller sign a copy of his "Rhapsody in Blue" CD. We talked for about 15 minutes. He was a really cool guy. Great goatee.

Also met Michael Murray, organist on many Telarc releases. He signed my copy of his Bach LP.

Lee

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks guys for sharing. Just last week, a had a reunion of sorts with an audiophile/musician friend of mine from the 80s whom I have not seen in decades till last week. A mutual friend set up a lunch reunion. Early this year, my father-in-law gave me a bunch of old records mostly made in the Philippines. Among which were a couple of organ and band albums that featured this audiophile/musician friend of mine named Eric Dimson. Knowing that I was going to meet him, I brought these 2 LP and had him autograph it, for the fun of it. :) When I went home, just out of curiosity, I typed in his name on ebay and was surprised to find out a guy in Fargo, North Dakota was selling one of his LPs, and for a nice price, I should say for a Philiippine-made record - $99.95. It's well recorded and music is excellent too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERIC-DIMSON...6738706?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2eb21cf892

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Did anyone watch "The Voice" this past season? There was some local talent (Vicci Martinez) on there that almost made it all the way. Well I have a recording of her that we did in Tacoma at Jazz Bones about 8yr. ago and she signed and personalized the inscription. Great singer.

Also have an America album signed by all 3 original members.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
There is a local record/tape/cd shop here in Dallas called Bill's Record and Tapes(they now call themselves just Bill's). I went in there when I was about 27 and there was a signed poster by Allison Moyet(lead singer for YAZ. She also has some great solo albums) and it said "To Bill! Happy Christmas Love & Kisses(but no tongues!) Allison Moyet". I love Allison Moyet and thought that was so cool. I went back about 6 years later and the poster was on the door to the bathrooms and was in pretty bad shape. I thought about asking Bill if he would sell it, but for some reason I decided not to. Well about 10 years later I was in there and that poster popped in my head. I described it to Bill and asked him ahout it. He had one of his employees go over to a big pile of mess and start digging. Amazingly the employee pulled it out. I was shocked they still had it and it was not in shreds. I asked Bill if he would sell and how much, he said everything is for sale and $20. I bought it, straightened out the corners, taped a few rips and put it in a frame. I am proud of that poster to have survived all those years until I rescued it :)

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
CDs Ronnie Montrose "Speed Of Sound", Tony Iommi "Fused"

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I bought an Emmylou Harris record from the estate of one of the Carter Family members.

It says...

"Anita, Your voice has always been an inspiration to me." Emmylou

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
When Benny Golson signed my copy of "New York Scene" LP a couple of weeks ago he looked at the cover and exclaimed "I still had hair!". Naturally my response: "So did I"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing