Do you have any 'autographed' LPs or CDs?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sometimes, there is added fulfillment in collection software if one gets hold on an 'autographed' version. Of course, we cannot really verify if they are authentic or not unless we were there, like in a CES product launching to witness the signing itself. At any rate, do you have some of these that you treasure? Let me start a few of what I got.

Lincoln Mayorga & Doug Sax:

Close Up:

Ken Kreisel of M&K (Signed on a inner sleeve on the album below)

From this album produced by Ken:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cyndee Peters: (This one is authentic, I got the CD from her in Sweden).

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I've been privileged to have several musicians autograph their LPs after concerts:

Ivan Moravec and his Connoisseur Society piano recordings
Rafael Puyana and his Mercury harpsichord recordings
Janos Starker and his Mercury cello recordings
Jacqui Naylor: The Color White (first tape project release)

Best line when autographing: Starker when signing his Bach Cello Suites Mercury box set remarked, "the sins of my youth." :)

Last edited:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Probably the best one I have is when I recorded Woody Herman at the Conservatory I attended. Signed the tape box we used to record him in '79.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I had Anat Cohen sign a copy of "Clarinet Work: Live At The Village Vanguard" and a signed CD by the members of The Bad Plus.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wow, that's nice, guys. Keep them coming. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just found another one in my stash, from Ray Brown's Soular Energy, Original Concord LP:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
No one famous, but my twin-sister signed her copy of Best of Cream when she gave it to me......said she wanted to make sure I never forgot how I came to own it......I love her to bits!:D

John

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No one famous, but my twin-sister signed her copy of Best of Cream when she gave it to me......said she wanted to make sure I never forgot how I came to own it......I love her to bits!:D

John

That's really nice, John.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I was about to go all snooty and say I don't chase autographs from people and then I realized that I have pictures of race horses hanging on my hall wall that I have had autographed by jockeys, owners, and trainers. No CDs or LPs though.

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
I have an Amanda McBroom lp with her autograph and a Wilson Audio test cd wtih David Wilson's autograph.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have an Amanda McBroom lp with her autograph and a Wilson Audio test cd wtih David Wilson's autograph.

That's very nice, Mullard88. I think I remember that Amanda signed album of yours.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I had Don Henley autograph my End Of The Innocence CD cover. And I actually got to talk to him for a few minutes. I also have Jimmy Lafave, Lou Ann Barton and Marcia Ball signed CD's. Oh and when I was a little kid(about 10) Willie Nelson was signing his latest record album and selling them, but he signed one and gave it to me for free :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I had Don Henley autograph my End Of The Innocence CD cover. And I actually got to talk to him for a few minutes. I also have Jimmy Lafave, Lou Ann Barton and Marcia Ball signed CD's. Oh and when I was a little kid(about 10) Willie Nelson was signing his latest record album and selling them, but he signed one and gave it to me for free :)

That's cool, Scott.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Thanks Jadis. I am also a hugh scifi fan and have many actors autographs, my favorite being William Shatner.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Jadis. I am also a hugh scifi fan and have many actors autographs, my favorite being William Shatner.

wow, on actors i have not, being 5000 miles away from hollywood. LOL

class a

Jul 10, 2011
I have a couple of Albums where the artist is writing a note to a personal friend. The first is the Album: The Best of June Christie (very popular in the 50's w/Stan Kenton). This is a radio Promo copy and was written to one of the DJ's. Jack your really keen and neat. Keep up the good work. Lots of luck, June "a fan". The other is from the Album Getz Au GoGo, which was recorded at the Cafe AuGoGo in the Village. The note is on the inside fold out: To Dickie & Donna, Thanks for the money you sent me to further my music. Sorry I spent it on dope. At least I feel I'm playing better. Love and stuff Stanley Getz. The Getz album is in perfect shape. I picked it up for just $5. Just some intresting things you'll never find on a musicl download.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I have a signed CD by The Bad Plus and a signed CD by Anat Cohen. Just got my Smoke Fairies LP signed!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing