A Different Lock at Axpona 2018 and a new Personal Reference Audio System.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
We can all meet in HK then head to Manila after with Leif, Damon and Florian of CH :D

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Three Amigo Roadtrip! Phillippines!!

Maybe the three Amigos can become the Fantastic Four? Just throwing it out there :)

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Russ... I so much enjoyed reading about your adventures in audio through the years. You are great writer and the few minutes that it took to read this was well worth it. Congrats on the new outlook!
Thanks Bruce. I respect your opinions and your global look at this space. My goal in writing the piece hit paydirt with you. Yeah.. russ

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Now that's dangerous... Better off learning to DIY so you don't ruin yourself trying to upgrade.

While I'd never get this excited over a VAC preamp, I suppose this is one hell of a testimonial to what people think about VSA's new speakers. This is however a very drastic measure because Russ was talking about wanting better sound, and never really let anyone try to figure out what he was wanting so they could help him get there... then boom, this comes along. I guess the answers were found.

My only question is, have you been to DDK's? That would be a trip to a polar opposite experience I think that would be worth doing before you start hemorrhaging money.

I appreciate your sentiment, but fortunately you assessment is inaccurate. I have sought input from many, including having David K come to my house and going to Bobby's house as he recommended, as well as several phone conversations with David. I flew to CA to visit with Steve W and go on an audio exploration, and most recently went to Axpona and already have spent hours on the phone with Damon and Leif. I am not at all adverse to seeking advice, but am better and summing what I currently know and then determining what the next best step is. I also know when I experience a major break through and generally act accordingly.

I am a person of action who has tempered over time and found a nice balance.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Sorry I guess I missed all of that.

Well, you know what you need to do now.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow...what a remarkably easy and inspiring read. Having never heard VS before...but valuing BOTH sound and service...i have to say, this has certainly impressed me. More about the service, sense of commitment and personalities behind the various brands, particularly VS. Thanks for taking the time to write...very much what WBF is all about for me.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Life can change (or end) in a moment.

I applaud your decision on making some life changes and choices based on your recent health scare. I most certainly understand how health issues can motivate us to make those kinds of decisions. Been there and am still doing that. When I realized that life can change dramatically with just a few words, I did, in a much smaller way, what you are doing. I spent a bunch of time, effort and money to get my audio (and combined home theater system) where it would be have to be "good enough". Could it be better? Most certainly. Way better. But since the journey never really ends, we just chose to get off the train where we were.

We have now chosen a different direction given my health issues and age. Instead of each of us buying more "stuff" we have chosen to spend our money on "experiences". And for now, that means more travel. I have traveled more in the last five years than I did in the previous 60. There will be a time, where, while travel may not be impossible, the places and the type of travel may become severely restricted. So we are enjoying it while we can.

Leaving for 12 days Costa Rica with 3 other couples on Monday!!

By the way, enjoyed reading about your experiences.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing