Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Taiko Audio with 'Evo spec' meets MSB Select II digital + NVS tt

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    the dart 458's have an internal suspension system for their transformers. they hang on springs, and when you ship the amps you have to insert transport screws to hold them in place. once I forgot to remove them and had this mid bass resonance I could not figure out until I removed those screws.

yet the active, optimally executed by Taiko with the Tana + Daiza, really took things to another level. as you say there is good passive.....even designed in passive.....and then there is really great active.
    Have you ever experimented with putting your Tana under the Tripoint grounding block ?
    You can never have enough power !!

Custom speaker in progress

Can help with recomendations for hotels and good food in munich !

Addicted to Best!
    Hi Mike,

It’s made our weekend to hear you have been getting great results with the Tana, Evo LPS and Daiza combination under the Dart’s !

I would just like to add a few data points on our journey to this point for forum friends

About a year ago we tried a TS-140 with the 10+10 PZH and Alu top plate but powered with the stock internal SMPS underneath a highly regarded Danish pure Class A SS power amp. There was an audible improvement at the level of a good set of speaker cables, so in our opinion not a big uplift for the cost involved

During our development of the PZH housed power supply, and then the Evo Spec successor, we never tried a SS power amp on top again until 2 weeks ago.

With a Daiza sitting under a extremely well built and designed Japanese SS power amplifier where even the bolts have special torque settings, we were absolutely bowled over by the difference the Daiza made to the sonic presentation. A big drop in the noise floor, sonic confusion dissipated, clarity and body enhanced

Our takeaway from this and Mike’s observations is, the better the vibration management and chassis construction of the power amp, the more you will hear a big uplift in SQ from active and passive vibration control done well.

Mike showed us the way, and his gut feel turns out be be sonically stunningly on the right track to recreating the live event !
    Last edited by EuroDriver; 06-10-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    Sound Test, Monaco
    Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland
    e-mail eurodriversoundtest@gmail.com

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMKF View Post
    Have you ever experimented with putting your Tana under the Tripoint grounding block ?
    not yet, but I do use three of the Setchi D2 grounding blocks from Taiko Audio with three of my 4 Tana active units.

Name:  setchi.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  73.2 KB
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

not yet, but I do use three of the Setchi D2 grounding blocks from Taiko Audio with three of my 4 Tana active units.
    Ah. I was talking about puting the Tripoint Box ontop of a Tana.

Ah. I was talking about putting the Tripoint Box ontop of a Tana.
    I just realized that and was going to delete my post and re-answer. too many balls in the air.

as far as adding a Tana unit to the Tripoint......it's not likely to ever happen. now that I've taken the Tana units from my tt and server to place under the amps, I now have to spend more money to replace at least the one on the tt. that likely will have to wait a while, and then it's (way past the) time to stop the madness of system tweaking.

maybe someone else can try that......I have 4 of these Tana units now; and from what I understand there are very few others who have one of them......so far. and likely i'll end up with 5. for amps and sources.

I have zero doubt about a Tana helping a Tripoint.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

I just realized that and was going to delete my post and re-answer. too many balls in the air.

as far as adding a Tana unit to the Tripoint......it's not likely to ever happen. now that I've taken the Tana units from my tt and server to place under the amps, I now have to spend more money to replace at least the one on the tt. that likely will have to wait a while, and then it's (way past the) time to stop the madness of system tweaking.

maybe someone else can try that......I have 4 of these Tana units now; and from what I understand there are very few others who have one of them......so far. and likely i'll end up with 5. for amps and sources.

I have zero doubt about a Tana helping a Tripoint.
    Thanks Mike.
    I'm wondering about residual "mechanical" noise levels of components.
    I would have thought that the Tripoint-box has a relatively high residual vibration level. (see image below)
    I have the feeling that when you get the AS-2000 the Taiko would be more beneficial to your system's sound under the Tripoint rather than the TT.

Addicted to Best!

On the East Coast Daiza + Tana Evo raise the bar for Bill

A good customer of Taiko Audio / Sound Gallerieshas just sent us his report. Evolution Acoustics MM 2’s are delivering the sound

Hi Guys

Well you have managed to do it again in applying Acoustical and Materials Science to real world products that improve the sound of audio systems.

I received my Daiza platforms a couple of weeks ago after, to my surprise, they were delayed by an FDA and US Dept.of Agriculture inspection. I thought that was unusual since they are neither drugs or plants, but Emile informed me that XRays won't pass through Tank wood.

I immediately installed the smaller platform and rubber sheet on top of the top plate on my Taiko Audio Stable Table. It was a perfect fit, and the finishing of the panzerholz seemed to be much improved over the existing top plate. Additionally I installed Emile's special copper and panzerholz feet under my Lampizator Golden Gate Dac to provide the interface to the Daiza platform.

When I first played some music my first impression was a dramatic lowering of the noise floor. This created a black background that enabled me to hear much more of the recording.
    The speakers seemed to disappear and a true stage was constructed across and behind the big boxes. Instruments and voices seemed to have their own spaces on this newly constructed stage with three dimensionality and texture to the sound. The flat plane now had depth and expanse.
    The artists seemed to jump out of the speaker boxes and presented the illusion that they were in the room with me. This is what can be accomplished with a dramatically lower noise floor

The next weekend I transported the second larger Daiza to my vacation home to try it in my other system under my Audio Silente turntable. I slipped the copper and panzerholz feet into the cut outs on the bottom of the Daiza and placed it on the Symposium Ultra platform sitting on the top shelf of my Zoethecus rack.

As soon as a dropped the stylus in the groove I immediately I heard the same effects as a did when used with the Dac in my other home. In fact I thought the effect seemed to be greater. Vocals leaped out to center stage while the midrange seemed to be louder. All this occurred without and negative effects on the rest of SQ. Tonality and dimensionality was much improved.
    I believe since turntables are a mechanical device the platform is more effective in dampening resonances in this application.

The following week I lent the larger daiza to a close audio friend of mine to try under his Memory Player. His description of the improvement in SQ in his system echoed almost exactly what I described above, without and prior specific comments from me.

I believe these Daiza Platforms took both my systems closer to what I seek in an Audio System I.e. to re-create a live event.

Congratulations
    Bill
    Name:  24CCEF74-AF74-45D5-8364-DCDECB6F2E49.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  88.1 KB

Name:  4B31215F-8C64-4A65-A663-9E5DFC19FA42.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  104.6 KB
    Sound Test, Monaco
    Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland
    e-mail eurodriversoundtest@gmail.com

tonight I've been listening to some (mostly jazz) redbook files I got a few months back from jazdoc (who stays current in his musical acquisitions). these are an assortment of relatively recent jazz recordings and i'm sitting here memorized by the degrees of additional musical connection i'm getting now since moving the Taiko Tana to the dart monos. a month or so ago I spent quite a bit of enjoyable time with these files. but this now is something 'more'. a lot more.

the music has become much less seemingly reproduced, much more forward and holographic. more dimensional and lively. the energy glows and sparkles. there is a bit of the magical ML3 sort of envelopment and bass heft and flow (with the dart monos). the music itself is not pretentious or stuffy......it's raw and real. nothing audiophile or predictable here. thoughts of digital, analog, vinyl or tape are just not relevant as i'm listening. it's just music.

Thanks Mike.
    I'm wondering about residual "mechanical" noise levels of components.
    I would have thought that the Tripoint-box has a relatively high residual vibration level. (see image below)
    I have the feeling that when you get the AS-2000 the Taiko would be more beneficial to your system's sound under the Tripoint rather than the TT.
    Mr. Lavigne is already using HP Trinia’s under his Tripoint successfully in his system. I tried them too under my Elite and initially was spooked by how ghostly Dean Martin could make my wife jumped off her chair. I even wrote to tell Mike about it. Then I kept on listening more and more, I found them took away all my system liquidity. The aliveness, energetic up front presentation of my system was replaced by a meter pushed back presentation with ghostly very well textured dimensional dry sound. So it was like I threw all my tube magic away. What I am saying is antivibe doesn’t work at advantage in all systems. Jazzhead also brought Bonzo’s Mooks for me to try. I placed them under the Elite again. Pretty much the same thing happened but at much lesser degree than Trinia’s.

Kind regards,
    Tang

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011