What cart. for my Artisan Fidelity LENCO L75??

bebop86

Apr 1, 2013
Hi- Just getting back into vinyl after awhile out of music- Kids got in the way- Now that they are grown I am pulling out my Artisan Fidelity Lenco75 that I bought a few years ago but never got to use- It also has the ORIGIN LIVE Conqueror Mk3c tonearm- So what cart. would you rec. - I would like to buy used and in the $2K range- All suggestions would be appreciated
I also have my Joule -Electra OPS-1 with separate power supply- Is that still a viable Phono stage or should I sell it and upgrade- If upgrade what would you rec.-
thanks for all the advice-Gary

gilles13

Dec 17, 2015
south of France
It depends on the conqueror arm. The designer put a zyx airy 3 for the hifi news review but it is said working well with koetsu...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If you like Koetsu, get a koetsu black, best value for money, heard many coralstones and Onyx etc, this one is good enough. I don't like Koetsu. Other good used carts are EMT TSD 15, Jan Allaerts Boron Mk2, and Zyx Airy 3.

bebop86

Apr 1, 2013
Hi thks for all the responses- I live in NJ- I am open to any brand as I am new to this I would honestly rely on the expertise and advice of the forum members-
a dealer rec. that I get the Triangle Art Zeus cartridge- Of course he sells them and was as he stated Clearing them out?? not sure if that is a good match??

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Carts are very personal. Do you have any favourites so readers can guage your tastes

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Although cartridges are very personal, as always it depends on how much you want to spend. If you listen a lot, remember a cartridge will need retipping - this is a taboo subject no one wants to address :) - but ask for the manufacturer policy before buying.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing