Ordered the Pantheon

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
LarryK,

Total length of my room is 18ft. How did the Mojo comparo with the Cantatas go?

Hello,

My room is 12' 6" by 17' 9", with nine foot ceilings.

I posted some impressions of my listening session with the Mojo S speakers here:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?25503-Gryphon-mojo-s&p=515762&viewfull=1#post515762

The Mojo S speakers sound different than my Cantatas, I'm still trying to figure if they're better and how. The Mojo S speakers seem to have more bass, perhaps that's because they're a ported design and the Cantatas are a non-ported. I've read that non-ported designs are more accurate than ported designs so that's something to consider. I haven't decided whether I should make this change at some point.

It's hard to tell how much the difference is due to different rooms and the other equipment.

I'm looking forward to hearing your impression of the Pantheons!

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
I heard the Mojo S again last weekend and I must say I was very impressed. They throw a very large soundstage for their size and the mid to lower registers had also improved especially with a year's worth of run in since I last heard them. Can't wait to get the Pantheons but beginning to dread the long run-in process and time.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Got my Pantheons yesterday and my early notes. Pictures to follow but there are plenty already in Facebook :)

The sound is on another different level, heck on a different dimension compared to the Goddess (that's what I call my earlier speakers - the Audio Physic Cardeas 30). Tonality, texture, timbre, resolution, size of the soundstage especially the height, bass impact and depth. Every instrument has its own air and space in the overall soundstage. The colour makes the Goddess sound monochromatic in comparison. So much body and presence! Oh boy.. I can go on and on. And the "experts" say high end is frequently a case of diminishing returns. All I can say is you just need to listen to the Pantheons.

With more listening I do find that the mids can be on occasion be a tad hard and shouty but I think this is because the Pantheons are still brand new and yet to run in (only bout 3 hours on the run-in clock).

I've yet to fit the Gryphon Atlas spike feet I ordered. The dealer had difficulty removing the stock POM footers with the bridge feet under the speaker as the nut was a tad tight. Asked them to leave the stock feet in place as this gives ma a chance to compare the stock footer with the Atlas later.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That is wonderful! Congratulations!

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks Ron! Really chuffed with the new speakers and can't wait to go home and listen more.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
The Gryphon Atlas spike feet. Spike footer is from Wilson Benesch as recommended by my dealer.

37686983.jpg

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Great news!
Your speakers will change quite a lot in the coming weeks and months.
The tweeter run in is lengthy.
At the 18 month mark I feel they are finally run in and they have been used a lot!

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Wow! 18 months is a very long time. I'm currently at about 7 hours on the run-in clock only.

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
The tweeters now sound like gossamer.
At times in the run in period they would be somewhat strident.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Yes, the highs and upper mids to sound a tad bright, shouty and even buzzy occasionally.

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Don’t worry,but definitely some patience required.
However will be much better than the Wilson Alexia 1 for example.

AJR

Feb 12, 2018
Just noticed this thread.

Congrats on your Pantheon purchase! Looking forward to more updates.

Are you based in Singaore? (I am.) Did you buy them from Ben? How is your Diablo 300 (I have one too)? I am auditioning an Antileon Evo soon. It is actually in Ben’s store being burned in. Can’t wait to hear it at home with my system (am waiting for my MSB Premier to arrive). If you live in Singapore perhaps we could meet at Ben’s and listen to the AE?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Don’t worry,but definitely some patience required.
However will be much better than the Wilson Alexia 1 for example.

I am really interested in this thread
Heard the Pantheon in London and very impressed

Am considering over Wilson Alexia

Do u need to use gryphon amps

What’s the story on footers

I mainly listen classical and jazz

What about speaker cables?

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Do you know how many hours the Pantheons had on them?
Without doubt they have the longest running in of any speaker I have had.However they have extremely high quality drivers and excellent crossover components as I’m sure you have researched since your listening session.
I have listened to the Wilson Alexia 1 extensively and the Pantheon is comfortably better in all important areas.
From my limited time with the Alexia 2 the Pantheon is very competitive.
I would like to hear it more-hopefully in Hong Kong this week.
The spikes make a huge difference and are not standard-the ST spikes are inexpensive-the Atlas are a little more and should be better but I have not heard them-llsaw can help us hopefully as he has the Atlas spikes.
Amplifier is obviously very important,but I think many good amplifiers could drive it.
The Alexia needs current in spades.
Speaker cables?
I use Gryphon PSC -the blue cable-really good having tried a few others.
This is a remarkable speaker that after 19 months of ownership makes me feel that I am done-famous last words I know.....

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Do you know how many hours the Pantheons had on them?
Without doubt they have the longest running in of any speaker I have had.However they have extremely high quality drivers and excellent crossover components as I’m sure you have researched since your listening session.
I have listened to the Wilson Alexia 1 extensively and the Pantheon is comfortably better in all important areas.
From my limited time with the Alexia 2 the Pantheon is very competitive.
I would like to hear it more-hopefully in Hong Kong this week.
The spikes make a huge difference and are not standard-the ST spikes are inexpensive-the Atlas are a little more and should be better but I have not heard them-llsaw can help us hopefully as he has the Atlas spikes.
Amplifier is obviously very important,but I think many good amplifiers could drive it.
The Alexia needs current in spades.
Speaker cables?
I use Gryphon PSC -the blue cable-really good having tried a few others.
This is a remarkable speaker that after 19 months of ownership makes me feel that I am done-famous last words I know.....

Thanks for info

Very helpful

I have Lamm M1.2 and getting asr emitter ii exclusive

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Just noticed this thread.

Congrats on your Pantheon purchase! Looking forward to more updates.

Are you based in Singaore? (I am.) Did you buy them from Ben? How is your Diablo 300 (I have one too)? I am auditioning an Antileon Evo soon. It is actually in Ben’s store being burned in. Can’t wait to hear it at home with my system (am waiting for my MSB Premier to arrive). If you live in Singapore perhaps we could meet at Ben’s and listen to the AE?

Hello AJR,

I am located in Penang, Malaysia. I have been using the Diablo 300 for more than a year and it's an excellent amp but I heard the Antileon Evo is significantly better. Saving up for this as my next amp ;) The Diablo 300, Pantheon, Legato Legacy were all purchased from Tony my dealer here in Penang though I have quite a bit of interaction with TK Han and his brother Mark has been to my house to supervise the various install jobs.

Last edited:

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
My Atlas spikes will be fitted later this week. I am currently on the stock POM footers. The sound is getting better every time I listen to it but still have some way to go till run-in. Am currently on 36 hours only (on the run-in clock).

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Currently on the lookout for speaker cable upgrade. Contenders include:

Echole Obsession
Furutech Nanoflux
Gryphon Masterline
Siltech Classic Anniversary 770L
Skogrand Tchaikovsky

Problem is I need 4 metres minimum per side and there are very few demo cables that long. Only the Echole and Ansuz dealers have promised home demos.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing