Ordered the Pantheon

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
This is it. I've pulled the trigger on the Pantheon. This is the most costly speaker I've bought by a mile and the only speaker I've bought without auditioning as there are no demo units around for auditioning in Malaysia or Singapore (where I'm at) so I'm hoping and praying I'm making the right decision. The Pantheon should hopefully arrive in 3 month's time so in the meantime I'm looking for speaker cable upgrade recommendations. I love the Gryphon VIP series power cords but not so much the interconnects which had a "thick" balance and not to my liking. I am currently using the Siltech 770i interconnects and was thinking of the 550L or 770L speaker cables.

FYI on rest of my system - Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated, Metronome CD8t S (tube output) cdp, Kronos Sparta tt with Helena tonearm and Murasakino Sumile cart (arriving in May/June), Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage. Gryphon VIP Series power cables for all Gryphon equipment and Siltech Ruby Hill II power cord and Siltech 770i XLR interconnect for the cdp, Gryphon Guideline tonearm cable and interconnect.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, llsaw! I heard the Pantheon at Philip O'Hanlon's Gryphon demo debut with Jason Lord at The Source AV in Torrance, CA, and I think the Pantheon sounds fantastic!

Speaker cable recommendations? Choosing your speaker was the easy part! :)

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Make sure you get the spikes for them which don't in Australia come as standard.
They make a huge difference,more than any speaker I have heard.
I have found them to have a very long run in time,but well worth it.
I think you will really love them

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks Down Under. Are you referring to the Atlas spike or the Black Spike/Black Spike ST? I believe the Pantheon only comes standard with Delrin footers.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats and look forward to reading this thread as it unfolds over the coming months! Best wishes from a fellow Gryphon owner. (Also use the VIP Ref...with the Colosseum).

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Yes get the Black Spike ST.
I have not tried nor heard the Atlas.
It may well be superior.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks Down Under. I've asked my dealer to order the Gryphon spikes. I've also decided to go for the carbon fibre premium finish for the Pantheon.

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
Thanks Down Under. I've asked my dealer to order the Gryphon spikes. I've also decided to go for the carbon fibre premium finish for the Pantheon.

Carbon finish looks great.
Pantheon looks great in black.
Play around with room location for a while before putting the spikes on as you probably already know.
Look forward to your impressions.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Going to be a very long 2-3 months wait. Meanwhile, does anyone have recommendation on speaker cables?

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks Down Under. I know that Gryphon makes the Masterline (red sleeve) and the VIP series (black sleeve). Am not familiar with the Guideline except for the interconnect. Will check with my dealer.

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Congratulations! Just curious, how big is your room? What kind of room size is recommended for the Pantheon vs the Mojo?

I recently fulfilled my dream of buying a Colosseum amp to go with my Cantatas. I run the Gryphon PSC Reference speaker cables which I managed to get a good deal on years ago.

I think the Pantheon would be too much for my small space and I’m not sure how much better the Mojo is than the old Cantatas. I guess I’ll have to stick with what I’ve got.

The Colosseum is so engaging to listen to, I don’t regret this purchase, my sound has improved immensely.

Spikes_Discs.jpg
You might also consider the Artesania 100mm decoupling discs underneath the Black Spikes. In our experience a wonderful combination.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
Congratulations! Just curious, how big is your room? What kind of room size is recommended for the Pantheon vs the Mojo?

I recently fulfilled my dream of buying a Colosseum amp to go with my Cantatas. I run the Gryphon PSC Reference speaker cables which I managed to get a good deal on years ago.

I think the Pantheon would be too much for my small space and I’m not sure how much better the Mojo is than the old Cantatas. I guess I’ll have to stick with what I’ve got.

The Colosseum is so engaging to listen to, I don’t regret this purchase, my sound has improved immensely.

Hello Larry, sorry for the late response. I listen to my hifi in my listening room. The width of my room is 12ft wall to wall while the distance between the speaker and my listening position is approximately 8 ft. There is another 10ft or slightly less of space behind my listening position. I checked with my dealer and was given the go for the Pantheon in my listening room.

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Hello Larry, sorry for the late response. I listen to my hifi in my listening room. The width of my room is 12ft wall to wall while the distance between the speaker and my listening position is approximately 8 ft. There is another 10ft or slightly less of space behind my listening position. I checked with my dealer and was given the go for the Pantheon in my listening room.

Thanks for that information. What is the overall length of your room?

I should get a chance to hear the Mojos next week and compare them, in my head, to my Cantatas. I don’t think I’ll have a chance to listen to a pair of Pantheons.

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
LarryK,

Total length of my room is 18ft. How did the Mojo comparo with the Cantatas go?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing