New trends, Artisans in the Hi-End, Kuro SilverGold cables

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Dear Gian,

When you say gold and silver in cable, some audiophiles can get very jumpy like a werewolf seeing silver bullet. Thank you for introducing me to these cables Gian. This Kuro makes me realize how much music can be lost from interconnecting line. It surely is a “better” cable than all that I had before period. You know I like different carts for reason of musical flavors. This Kuro is not about flavor. To me, It is about interconnecting line that loses the least amount of musical signal from one component to another and interfere with those signals least. Experts say silver is color. Gold is color. I don’t know why I use Kuro silvergold and get to hear characters of each of my cart as is without detecting any stand out character or color of the Kuro cable repeating from one cart to another. I guess only until one gets smack at the face with “that” kind of listening experience from a really really good cable, one would be more open minded about possibility that a silvergold cable can sound that good....and at less than half the price of those uber ones :D.

Kind regards,
Tang

Tang, have you tried the Schnerzinger cables?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I agree... both can be true. :)

I also think there aren't very many good silver cables out there. Gold does soften and sweeten the sound, so gold/silver can sound much different vs pure silver, it can have good tone while resolving more information.

Ralph of Cessaro brought be his pure silver speaker cables to try once. He was offering me the option of internal wire with silver too. I connected them to my speakers only for day and didn’t like what I hear so took it out. Tbh I didn’t expect much and even had a negative perception toward silver when Gian send the SilverGold for me to try. Anyway, here I am.

Kind regards,
Tang

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, have you tried the Schnerzinger cables?

No. The Schnerzinger dealer here is my friend. Even this the price he quoted was too much for me. I don’t try anything I can’t buy.

Kind regards,
Tang

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
No. The Schnerzinger dealer here is my friend. Even this the price he quoted was too much for me. I don’t try anything I can’t buy.

Kind regards,
Tang

Oh, then I'm sure too much for me as well. Does Kuro do demos, or only Gian? :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Oh, then I'm sure too much for me as well. Does Kuro do demos, or only Gian? :)

It is a cable hand made one by one by Emiliano. I don’t think he has excess for demo. Gian sent me his to try and I took a liberty to send money back to him instead :p. If you have a few carts in your system, they are very helpful in detecting/cross-checking if some characters of a gear consistently present in all carts you try.

Tang

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I agree... both can be true. :)

I also think there aren't very many good silver cables out there. Gold does soften and sweeten the sound, so gold/silver can sound much different vs pure silver, it can have good tone while resolving more information.

Siltech's been singing that tune for a long time but everything I've heard always has very obvious coloration, too obvious. What never made sense to me is to take a material that has serious defects (at least IMO) and then try to fix it with another flawed for purpose material to get a 3rd coloration when there's a lot less problematic material like copper to use and then perfect the design. It's like a game within a game with no real purpose besides marketing. You mention it often but I don't know how you quantify resolution to say that silver is more resolving than copper equivalent when clearly it's tone and timbre is off in comparison.

david

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Siltech's been singing that tune for a long time but everything I've heard always has very obvious coloration, too obvious. What never made sense to me is to take a material that has serious defects (at least IMO) and then try to fix it with another flawed for purpose material to get a 3rd coloration when there's a lot less problematic material like copper to use and then perfect the design. It's like a game within a game with no real purpose besides marketing. You mention it often but I don't know how you quantify resolution to say that silver is more resolving than copper equivalent when clearly it's tone and timbre is off in comparison.

david

I agree on Siltech and also the Mundorf silver/gold wire. However, it's interesting Siltech uses UPOCC silver for it's top end cables and not silver/gold. How the wire is made is really important and can be more important that the material. There are copper cables that are more resolving vs silver cables. Normal 4N silver wire doesn't sound good imo, just as ETP copper wire from Home Depot doesn't sound like Jorma, Tara, KS and other high end copper cables. So generalizing can be misleading, it really depends on the person's experience with various copper and silver cables and also in the context of how they work in various systems.

I think copper and silver are like yin and yang, one is just as flawed as the other. The best examples of both are good but the effects of the wire are always audible. Tone and Timbre vary too much from system to system to draw firm conclusions IME, which is why I said both can be true, silver can work out well in some systems and maybe not others depending on the system's predisposition.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I agree on Siltech and also the Mundorf silver/gold wire. However, it's interesting Siltech uses UPOCC silver for it's top end cables and not silver/gold.

I think they opted for a bit more mid bass presence with smooth mids and softer top end which is somewhat common balance these days, somewhat wimpy for my taste mixing in gold would just castrate it.

david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Finally here. Now Emiliano can do cables for other people..hehe.

D7D173DA-54DF-4EA9-BE75-9E787A41315F.jpg

Tang :D

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
At last! I'll make a phone call to Emiliano and ask him if he can finally begin to work to the two power cords for my EA amps ...

about these speakers cables Tang... which longer are exactly? they seems very short.
my best
Marco

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
At last! I'll make a phone call to Emiliano and ask him if he can finally begin to work to the two power cords for my EA amps ...

about these speakers cables Tang... which longer are exactly? they seems very short.
my best
Marco

Ciao Marco,

They are 2.9 meters to be exact.

Tang

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Thank you for the quick reply Tang!
from the images I suspected a shorter lenght.
I do have Kuro speakers cable in my system, but since I needed a lenght of about 5 meters I was forced (money budget) to choose the basic model, smaller in diameter conductor and size in comparison of yours...

I hope that yours sounds fantastic!
my best
Marco

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
any feedback on these beauty?

No feedback. Marco was right the cable came too short. Also very stiff and quite heavy. I was stretching them too much with short length. They stressed the binding post on my amp so much broke off the WBT. I had to send them back to Emiliano for longer ones. So, no listening.

Tang :)

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
No feedback. Marco was right the cable came too short. Also very stiff and quite heavy. I was stretching them too much with short length. They stressed the binding post on my amp so much broke off the WBT. I had to send them back to Emiliano for longer ones. So, no listening.

Tang :)

Tang you clearly need bocchino on the chassis - they wont break

cheers,

phil

bocchino rca.jpg

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
My second batch of grounding cables...or are they Hieukm’s? :rolleyes:

FCEFC1C9-BDF9-4D71-8E06-39D092F3C468.jpg

Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing