New trends, Artisans in the Hi-End, Kuro SilverGold cables

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I want to share with you WBF fellows the following report on a pair of signal cables which I consider astonishing.
WBF has always been for me a source of useful information thus pushing me to share with you my experience with these cables.
More and more, recently, a wide range of “artisans” have appeared in the high-end arena, they are usually one-man-company.
1 year ago, Gianluigi (gian60 here on WBF), wrote me about an Italian artisan builder of great cables named Kuro.
The long experience of Emiliano Gregori (his name) become from several years of collaborations and research on field of electronics and study of physics in the conductivity of materials.
After reading the dedicated thread here (Italian-top-cable-KURO), I asked Gianluigi the way to contact Kuro’s owner.
Gianluigi was very kind to give me his references, then I contacted Emiliano which was extremely nice and incredibly lavish with information.

He sent me 2 interconnect cables:
1. A Balanced copper 7N solid core with Mu Metal cable,
2. A RCA SilverGold solid core cable

I already had installed on my system an XLR MIT Oracle MA-X2.
So, the comparison was easy to be done using the RCA SilverGold connected to related unbalanced input of my Amplifier and the XLR MIT Oracle MA-X2 connected to the balanced input of the amplifier. A switch on rear side of the Spectral, allowed me to constantly select both input one at the time without losing time to move the cables.

IMG_1056.JPG

Well, after a bit of time needed to burn-in the Kuro’s cables, I started my tests.
If I have to summarize the result I can say: WOW, just WOW.
I have never heard my system play so coherently, dynamically, realistically and without a slight hint of even minimal distortion.
Everything is much more transparent while maintaining a deep and vivid body.
Speakers tend (if possible) even more to disappear in the scene.
Ultimately it seems that these cables transfer a greater and accurate amount of information; in comparison the MIT seems to insert a slight veiling (something I never imagined would happen).

The final verdict of the test? kuro SilverGold cables remain!!!!

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Paolo,

You writes very well. I don’t need to write. I am using just one Kuro Silver Gold with Bocchino gold rca connecting phono to pre. Right now I am waiting for more cables from him. You must be part of the reason why my cables take a long time.

To add to Paolo, I spent sh-t loadof money on uber cables. They are good but not this Kuro good. And guess what? Kuro is selling direct so you no need to pay for middleman. Emiliano doesn’t speak English. He is not rich and doesn’t know how to do marketing so you pay for only the quality of the cable, no mkt expenses. No mkt stories that get you a boner. No website. He even tells you what his cables are made of. I am starting to learn some Italiano now...haha.

For those who look for uber cables, this Kuro should be in serious consideration. Gian and I have compared with quite a few super expensive brands and Kuro beat them in almost every aspects.

4DB160AA-7E8E-4C9D-ADA9-7F484845AA8A.jpg

Kind regards,
Tang

Last edited:

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Dear Paolo,

You writes very well. I don’t need to write. I am using just one Kuro Silver Gold with Bocchino gold rca connecting phono to pre. Right now I am waiting for more cables from him. You must be part of the reason why my cables take a long time.

Thank you Tang. Yes I guess :)
I also waited but it was worth it.
Emiliano builds its cables completely by hand with a precision and accuracy that our quality control would have appreciated.

To add to Paolo, I spent sh-t loadof money on uber cables. They are good but not this Kuro good. And guess what? Kuro is selling direct so you no need to pay for middleman. Emiliano doesn’t speak English. He is not rich and doesn’t know how to do marketing so you pay for only the quality of the cable, no mkt expenses.
I cannot but agree with you!!!
you pay for the quality of the cable, only, which is great.

For those who look for uber cables, this Kuro should be in serious consideration. Gian and I have compared with quite a few super expensive brands and Kuro beat them in almost every aspects.

They are, IMHO, The Uber cables.

Paolo

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
One price idea is from 3.200 to 5.000 euro,depend if rca or xlr,the length,the connector he use,ecc,ecc

I think are cheap for the material and time to produce because use silver 1000 fused 2 times so became more pure,and do 2 bath of 24 gold 24 kt,around 50% of electrons run on the surface of the cable,so on gold,so this is why sound is very fast,transparent but sweet.
Alloy is solid core,not multifilar.

Use top material for shield and dielectric like Teflon HD Golg,basalt,mumetal,ecc,ecc
Use top connector like Bocchino,very difficult to find or Xhadow where the cable is screw on connector without use tin because also the best tin loose 30% of decay
And need one week to produce one pair

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Thanks Paolo
Can you give us some idea of their prices?

sorry for delay Barry, however Gianluigi has already answered to your request.
I just want to add that Emiliano (Kuro's owner) is an "artisan" in the evolutionary sense of the artisans of the Renaissance; he gives value to the materials used and the research to obtain a result that without exaggeration I would call "magnificent".
As our common journey in the Entreq domain, the best suggestion I can give you is to test the Kuro SilverGold interconnect cable in your system. :)

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thank you Paolo.
No need to apologise and Gianluigi as you say provided the answer very promptly.
It is good to have your perspective on the Kuro cables.
I've just upgraded two of my Entreq Apollo i/cs to Infinity and I'm very happy with the results. They are still burning in so more to come before they reach their full potential.
I'm probably too far down the Entreq road to change horses but I am glad that you are so pleased with the Kuro cables which certainly look very good.
Hope you are keeping well.
Kind regards
Barry

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Dear Paolo
also me I'm impressed with result of the Gian 60's system with full Kuro cables. I do have in my system a speaker cable from Kuro (not the top-of-the-line model) and a power cord (fantastic) specially built for my SS power amp...
I was waiting for his top-level XLR cable also and possibly two other power cords for my subs... now... due to your post and after the success of the cables by Emiliano probably my cables will be delayed at the end of the year...:( I must admit that I'm not happy...
Neverthless this is normal when real artisans works hand-made... delivery promptly goes from a few weeks to some months... it's like to buy a Porsche GT3 touring... one year for obtaining one and no discount...
cheers from Torino
Marco

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Dear Paolo
also me I'm impressed with result of the Gian 60's system with full Kuro cables. I do have in my system a speaker cable from Kuro (not the top-of-the-line model) and a power cord (fantastic) specially built for my SS power amp...
I was waiting for his top-level XLR cable also and possibly two other power cords for my subs... now... due to your post and after the success of the cables by Emiliano probably my cables will be delayed at the end of the year...:( I must admit that I'm not happy...
Neverthless this is normal when real artisans works hand-made... delivery promptly goes from a few weeks to some months... it's like to buy a Porsche GT3 touring... one year for obtaining one and no discount...
cheers from Torino
Marco

Ciao Marco,
I have always taken well-considered steps when I decided to introduce something into my system. Never like this time the result surprised me!!!
I have a great consideration of the people who write on wbf, consequently before writing something (with a bit time I have available) I try not to emphasize too much, but with these cables Kuro SilverGold I could not resist trying to give my whole unconditional joy in calling them "amazingly effective".

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Thank you Paolo.
No need to apologise and Gianluigi as you say provided the answer very promptly.
It is good to have your perspective on the Kuro cables.
I've just upgraded two of my Entreq Apollo i/cs to Infinity and I'm very happy with the results. They are still burning in so more to come before they reach their full potential.
I'm probably too far down the Entreq road to change horses but I am glad that you are so pleased with the Kuro cables which certainly look very good.
Hope you are keeping well.
Kind regards
Barry

Hi Barry, hope you're keeping well too.
happy to follow your updates, I'm sure the result was very satisfying for you. It is always interesting read your reports.
If one day you only want out of curiosity to try these incredible cables, do not hesitate. They are worth much more than the price at which they are sold.
Kind Regards,
Paolo

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
If one day you only want out of curiosity to try these incredible cables, do not hesitate. They are worth much more than the price at which they are sold.
Kind Regards,
Paolo

That’s very true Paolo. I had KS Elation, Siltech Double Crown, Crystal Monocrystal, Goebel LaCord, Stage III, Synergistic Galileo, Siltech Tripple Crown, MIT MAX SHD and ACC series in my system. I see you are using MIT MAX Rev2. If you upgrade to MAX SHD, you have to pay around $6,000 extra. But guess what I replace my MAX SHD with the KURO Silver Gold and I pay less than $6,000 total, while the sound from Kuro is in a league of its own considering all the cables I had in my system. The problem is how to get the cable to try. There is none available because people who tried it never send it back and it takes too damn long to produce the cable.

Ciao,
Tang

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
That’s very true Paolo. I had KS Elation, Siltech Double Crown, Crystal Monocrystal, Goebel LaCord, Stage III, Synergistic Galileo, Siltech Tripple Crown, MIT MAX SHD and ACC series in my system. I see you are using MIT MAX Rev2.
Ciao Tang
I've just replaced the MIT MAX Rev2 with Kuro SilverGold :)

If you upgrade to MAX SHD, you have to pay around $6,000 extra. But guess what I replace my MAX SHD with the KURO Silver Gold and I pay less than $6,000 total, while the sound from Kuro is in a league of its own considering all the cables I had in my system. The problem is how to get the cable to try. There is none available because people who tried it never send it back and it takes too damn long to produce the cable.

This is really true and is my case. I received mine for a test only (since I had recently replaced my old Oracle 50 cables with the MA-X2) but after few tests only, I quickly made my decision.
I tried to get one of yours but Emiliano was adamant:D

Pity that you do not speak Italian because Emiliano also spends hours explaining how and why he produces his cables. You must learn it.
BTW you have an incredible system.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Pity that you do not speak Italian because Emiliano also spends hours explaining how and why he produces his cables. You must learn it.
BTW you have an incredible system.

Thank you Paolo.

I have been google translating with Emiliano and fully informed about how the cable is made. :D
I also have been talking to Gian on daily basis...my poor English is starting to become Italian English.
You should notice that I am pretending to be Italian saying Ciao instead of Kind regards, now.

Ciao
Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I had Mit MAX phono and mit max Rev 2 and I changed one year ago with Kuro copper 7 n
Found it much better
I cannot image my system with new silvergold
But crazy Tang give me problem buying a lot of Silvergold cable sono have to watt at least 2 months to received the first

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
That’s very true Paolo. I had KS Elation, Siltech Double Crown, Crystal Monocrystal, Goebel LaCord, Stage III, Synergistic Galileo, Siltech Tripple Crown, MIT MAX SHD and ACC series in my system. I see you are using MIT MAX Rev2. If you upgrade to MAX SHD, you have to pay around $6,000 extra. But guess what I replace my MAX SHD with the KURO Silver Gold and I pay less than $6,000 total, while the sound from Kuro is in a league of its own considering all the cables I had in my system. The problem is how to get the cable to try. There is none available because people who tried it never send it back and it takes too damn long to produce the cable.

Ciao,
Tang

Hi Tang.
By Goebel LaCord refers to Goebel Statement, or is it a different cable

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang.
By Goebel LaCord refers to Goebel Statement, or is it a different cable

Yes, the Statement.

Kind regards,
Tang

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
An interesting compare point for this cable (at significantly lower cost) would be the Zenwave D4 or D5 which are using the silver/gold alloy wire and WBT silver connectors. Descriptions of the Kuro thus far are a bit difficult to follow. On the one hand it's transparent, while on another it's "sweet". I don't expect a gold plated silver conductor to be neutral - but to be fairly colored.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Now i explain to you the difference between the alloy that Kuro use and alloy that Zenwave use,so you can image the difference in sound

If you see the Zenwave web this cable is made with silver gold from Neotech
Kuro was the first in Italy 20 years ago to buy some from Neotech and also now buy schuko

Kuro use a silver 1000,fused 2 times to become silver yiperpure mono crystal and do 2 bath of gold 24 KT for total of 12 micron of gold 24 kt on silver and diameter of this alloy is 2.3 mm

Zen wave use a alloy from Neotech,the only one that Neotech do in silver gold that is multifilar and not solid core,the diameter is 0.36 mm and there is 1% of gold and the price of this alloy is 28 euro each meter buying from stock,so the price from Neotech is 12 euro each meter

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing