Why I love vinyl #29

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Lo fi fun tonight. Dusted off the sl1200s for a little dance party. Older folks remembering West Coast house and Detroit techno :)

Even though the sound is, ahem, not so great it is still emotionally engaging and made me think of all the phases I've had and the records that spun the soundtrack to those moments. Ok back to it...hope everyone is having a peaceful and lovely weekend!

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
This is what it is all about my friend! That is awesome.
Had a similar experience Friday night albeit a different medium, Radio.
I have posted here before about west coast radio in the 70's and 80's and how we could personally interact with the DJ's live on the air and influence the set for the night, we could even use that as our only source of music for the party and be fine. We would sometimes drop a needle during commercials.

So, how times have changed technologically...
I am sitting in my media room with my laptop streaming the radio station (99.9 KISM, The Rock, DJ Taryn Daly) through my system, beer sitting to my right chips and cheese dip to my left and started running these memories through my head so...
I sent a text to the DJ with a picture of my set up complete with chips, dip and beer, Mens Room Original Red,locally brewed for the radio station. I got a response and an email address and so the set began. I spent the next 4 hours emailing, listening to the set, dropping needles during commercial breaks and feeling 18 years old all over again, great night. I influenced the music played that night and got a mention on the air.
The only thing missing was a house full of horny teenagers running around in swim suits (Southern California norm) spilling beer all over the place, well I guess I would not call that missing, cleaning that mess up before the parents got home sucked.

Anyhow, to me, these things are what music is all about.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing