Some 2018 Axpona Pics

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I couldn't attend this year so I really appreciate the photos, caesar!

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
Some of the most impressive systems were featuring speakers no bigger than a shoebox! Next level had the designer for raidho demonstrating the 2+2's (I think, somewhat thick accent) in a decent size room making full range sound. Neat had another tiny pair of speakers that had me looking for a subwoofer.

caesar

May 30, 2010
I disagree 180 * I felt this year was better !

Hi C.A.P.,

You may as well be correct. When I was in the room, it felt echo-ey, boomy, and a bit veiled from last year, and anemic on dynamic peaks. I was also there when the room was pretty empty. So there are a variety of the things - in addition to preferences and tastes - that can explain the differences. The first that comes to mind is an electric aberration that robbed music of dynamics. Also, if the room was packed when you visited, the crowd may have diffused/ absorbed some of the room nasties. Additionally, I was listening to many horns and high efficiency speakers at the show. So everything sounded dynamically restricted in comparison.

I am not some slimy, disgusting reviewer with a self-serving marketing agenda, who pretends God himself speaks to him to reveal what is real. I am just an average, passionate fan. I love the Von Schweikert / VAC, and I think properly placed ASC tubes provide a great benefit.

Yet your opinion is just as valid as mine. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

caesar

May 30, 2010
+1000

The best post on this forum for a VERY long time, LOL!:D

:cool:

Thanks, Davey!

Unfortunately, this is not a joke, and it is hurting them and the industry. A lot of audio manufacturers are small companies with an engineering bent. They do not know how to properly select dealers and distributors. Whereas they do a decent job in most instances, at least in the ability to understand and setup a product, there are many filthy, disgusting, rude hogs that treat their customers and potential customers like complete crap (in cases of distributors, both dealers and equipment purchasers are customers!).

Obviously, guys like Philip O., who contributes to this site gets it. He understands he is selling a luxury. So do MBL team, who always put on a great show. Yet many are so friggin clueless. These people should be studying how Hermes, fine jewelry stores, and other luxury brands are treating their customers. But, unfortunately, I don't see it changing in the near term.

caesar

May 30, 2010
The new Magico A3 is superb! Paired with D'Agostino, and what looked like a Hegel DAC, sounded OUTSTANDING on blue note- type jazz and acoustic music goal. A definitely winner product for Magico!

Magico a3 1.JPG

caesar

May 30, 2010
One of the reason for the great sound in the Magico room, that I hope others can learn from, is the use of Real Traps Diffusor (Diffusor/ Absorber?) product. Although not the cheapest system, Magioc - D'Agostino - high quality DAC system may be a game over system for many, many audiophiles.

Very well executed!

Magico a3 3.JPG

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

caesar

May 30, 2010
Another Excellent "reasonably priced" system: Rosso Fiorentino with Mastersound integrated.

Mastersound.JPG

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Awesome thread! Doesn't look like I'll be going to any shows this year.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Sadurni 18.JPG

Sadurni - BAT - Wolf Audio
Outstanding system! Very realistic tone and dynamics!!!! obviously in too small of a room

caesar

May 30, 2010
The baby Wilson Audio speaker (I am forgetting the model) with Sim Audio electronics sounded sublime as well. My apologies, because the picture I took is too blurry. But this could be a game over system for many, as well.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Volti - Border Patrol.JPG

Volti - Border Patrol! Excellent products for high-efficiency aficionados. I loved how that system communicated emotions of the music

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing