Kind regards and salutations to all

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Hello and welcome, the disease is real where the only medical treatment is more.

I noticed in your pictures of your library that you have multiple copies of many of your albums. Some is see more than 10. What is your goal? Are you seeking the best sounding pressing or is it more along the lines of getting each stamper, or is it something else entirely?

Whats is your impression of RCA Living Stereo?

Impressive bit of kit, again welcome to the asylum!

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Hello and welcome, the disease is real where the only medical treatment is more.

I noticed in your pictures of your library that you have multiple copies of many of your albums. Some is see more than 10. What is your goal? Are you seeking the best sounding pressing or is it more along the lines of getting each stamper, or is it something else entirely?

Whats is your impression of RCA Living Stereo?

Impressive bit of kit, again welcome to the asylum!

Hello and thank you,

Well spotted on the multiples,I am building an archive to give away when finished.

Love RCA living stereo US and UK.

I do not collect based on stamper numbers,I am more motivated by specific engineers i.e;Ted Burkett at Decca.

Galvanic processes determine efficacy in that the first 10 off the run may not be the best.Some hand shave prior to pressing.

Kind regards,G.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So ZeroStar, your opinions on the whole Hot Stamper movement?
Specifically the extravagant pricing of a certain website where early stamped copies go for $00s if not £000s sometimes.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Oh wow Sammy welcome

This forum cannot handle two shun Mook fans. Especially if between us we have 60000 vinyl records. And most people know I have less than 100

If you multiply that figure by 5 you are about there lol...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
“Show me the vinyl” is obviously no issue here.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
General, I think we get the, ahem, general picture.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I’m up to three versions of Holst/Planets now, but realise in reality I’m still at kindergarten when it comes to my classical vinyl collection.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi General

Nice to have you here with your obviously huge knowledge :cool:

A friend of mine wanted to buy Pnoe horns (maybe even yours?) but got veto-ed by his wife :rolleyes:
Then he was interested in my Living Voice Air Scouts for a moment but finally decided to get some Loth X Minstrel horns instead.

Your Thomas Mayer amps look wonderful with the veneer grain going from one unit over to the other.
If they sound half a s good as they look, they have to be awesome.

Cheers,
Christoph

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
The number of Furtwanglers is preposterous lol

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Hi General

Nice to have you here with your obviously huge knowledge :cool:

A friend of mine wanted to buy Pnoe horns (maybe even yours?) but got veto-ed by his wife :rolleyes:
Then he was interested in my Living Voice Air Scouts for a moment but finally decided to get some Loth X Minstrel horns instead.

Your Thomas Mayer amps look wonderful with the veneer grain going from on unit over to the other.
If they sound half a s good as they look, they have to be awesome.

Cheers,
Christoph

I will buy them.
Kind regards,G.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Nice system, I've been follow Thomas Mayer's blog for awhile. I also share your taste for jazz: currently focused on Strata East, Muse, Soul Note, etc. Here's part of my latest haul in Providence, RI
Records.jpg

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Nice system, I've been follow Thomas Mayer's blog for awhile. I also share your taste for jazz: currently focused on Strata East, Muse, Soul Note, etc. Here's part of my latest haul in Providence, RI
View attachment 40120

Hello and thank you,

Nice system and very tasteful room.I took a while to realise that is a hotel room with the music on the bed.Your taste in music is equally impressive.

Next time I visit SoCal,breakfast at La Valencia?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Hello and thank you,

Nice system and very tasteful room.I took a while to realise that is a hotel room with the music on the bed.Your taste in music is equally impressive.

Next time I visit SoCal,breakfast at La Valencia?

I travel for work and always schedule a day to hit the local jazz record stores. Next time you visit So Cal, please come for a visit to my room!

Reactions: dan31

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing