Kind regards and salutations to all

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Hello and thank you,

Nice system and very tasteful room.I took a while to realise that is a hotel room with the music on the bed.Your taste in music is equally impressive.

Next time I visit SoCal,breakfast at La Valencia?

I travel for work and always schedule a day to hit the local jazz record stores. Next time you visit So Cal, please come for a visit to my room!

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
I travel for work and always schedule a day to hit the local jazz record stores. Next time you visit So Cal, please come for a visit to my room!

Thank you very much feel free to reciprocate should find yourself in Blighty.

Kind regards,G.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

Sounds like me :)

And General, I could use one of those Larry Willis, BTW :) If you feel like letting go of one, let me know!

cheers,
alex

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Actually I meant you!

Hi Hi-Fi Guy,

I was referring (in my post) to the General’s gargantuan collection. I am mere small fry with my circa 2500-3000 LPs :)

I do own 1 copy of the Furtwangler though

That said, it is now growing at an alarming rate after becoming good friends with the General and being very well guided in my pursuit of vinyl pleasure.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
General, I had been perusing possible horns purchase in the last few years, not so much anymore.

The ones I heard or looked at, with varying levels of success, included AG Trio w dynamic sub, AG Duo, Cessaro Chopin and Liszt, WE replica, Tune Audio Anima and Horns Universum.

I also had definite plans to travel to hear Sadurni Staccato and Haigner Alpha- and Gamma-Horn.

I get the impression you may have a wide range of horns experience, have you heard any of these, or have definite opinions?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi General

Nice spot on the grain. Bill bought my minstrels on the proviso they come back to me.

I am serious about the Air Scout.

Our mutual friend will give you my contact data.

Best regards,
Christoph

Last edited:

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
General, I had been perusing possible horns purchase in the last few years, not so much anymore.

The ones I heard or looked at, with varying levels of success, included AG Trio w dynamic sub, AG Duo, Cessaro Chopin and Liszt, WE replica, Tune Audio Anima and Horns Universum.

I also had definite plans to travel to hear Sadurni Staccato and Haigner Alpha- and Gamma-Horn.

I get the impression you may have a wide range of horns experience, have you heard any of these, or have definite opinions?

Heard them all,bought the Pnoe.

You are welcome to fly round and hear them.

Kind regards,G.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
General, I’m sure we can make a date on that, thanks for the kind offer.

It would be good to hear what you’d consider the epitome of horns as a major landmark compare.

I’ll contact you soon , Marc.

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hey General,

Love your setup, your vinyl collection, and especially your no compromise approach!

It may not be my approach, but I love to see people follow their goals with such passion

Cheers

David

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Hey General,

Love your setup, your vinyl collection, and especially your no compromise approach!

It may not be my approach, but I love to see people follow their goals with such passion

Cheers

David

Thank you sir for your kind words.

Love the LS5/8,IMO best box speaker ever.

Kind regards,G.

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
Greetings G., I am normally a reader of this site. Cant say I enjoy all the posts here but I am already looking forward to your future posts :cool: Admittedly I have little idea how your system sounds like - have listened to The Vyger and AER-based speaker many times in domestic settings but I am totally unfamiliar with Thomas Meyer stuff. Looking forward to read more about your music priorities. I will drop you a PM.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
We need to rename you..
GENERALISSIMO. LoL

Are U in Lundun?

Last edited:

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Just spent yesterday with General and Ked, listening to his system, located outside of London. We heard excerpts from lots of classical albums, mostly great old monos and stereos from the golden age (and he does have multiple copies of so many great albums!). His collection truly dwarfs mine, which is saying something. His place is the antithesis of the typical London flat. Quite an amazing experience.

Larry

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Just spent yesterday with General and Ked, listening to his system, located outside of London. We heard excerpts from lots of classical albums, mostly great old monos and stereos from the golden age (and he does have multiple copies of so many great albums!). His collection truly dwarfs mine, which is saying something. His place is the antithesis of the typical London flat. Quite an amazing experience.

Larry

Hello again Larry,

It was a joy to have met you and experienced first hand your depth of knowledge.

Kedar has grown on me very much over the last visits(being friends with the humblest of genii;Larry does not hurt)I enjoy the didactic approach.

Kind regards,G.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Hello again Larry,

It was a joy to have met you and experienced first hand your depth of knowledge.

Kedar has grown on me very much over the last visits(being friends with the humblest of genii;Larry does not hurt)I enjoy the didactic approach.

Kind regards,G.

Yes, I like Kedar too. Very intense, but fun...with a wikkid sense of humour.LoL

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
It must have been the day for it, as I also spent some time yesterday listening to the General's system, as I was keen to hear the Mayer amps outside of Munich. Stunning set up, and the first time I've heard horns that make sense! A truly eclectic record collection and fantastic knowledge of hifi - an hour or so of listening and chat sped by. Majestic tree too!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing