Hello From Southwest Florida

Hi All,

My name is Morten Sissener and I own/operate Tortuga Audio, a small audio design/manufacturing company here in Southwest Florida specializing in light dependent resistor (LDR) based preamplifiers.

Several customers recommended me to WBF so I decided to join up. I look forward to exploring this forum and contributing where I can as appropriate.

Tortuga Audio got started around 7 years ago and has had a "live" webstore presence since October 2012. We sell direct through our website: https://www.tortugaaudio.com Running Tortuga Audio has been more than a job, it's been my passion from the beggining and its something I work at every single day.

Most people would be disappointed to see my personal audio rig since most of it is made of various "works in progress" by way of prototype speakers and preamps and active crossovers with a modest modified MusicHall DAC and a stack of plain vanilla pro-audio amps. There's a turn table somewhere in there but nearly 100% of listening these days is via a no-name PC server running Roon feeding digital via USB into the DAC. It all gets brutalized often enough since it also serves as my master test bed. Only robust equipment survives. But it sounds terrific to my ears.

My music tastes run the full gamut but has drifted more towards jazz over the last several years as well as ambient and electronic. The irony of high-end audio is while it continues to wane, there's more abundant music available and being listened to by more people than ever before. And that can only be good thing.

Cheers,
Morten

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome Morten!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Welcome Morten, I have heard great things about your products!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Several customers recommended me to WBF so I decided to join up
Awesome Morten! We are always happy to hear about feedback like this. Please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to the What's Best Forum!

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing