4 New UltraAnalogue Recordings tapes coming soon...

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I'm happy to announce, I had a good recording session in March that's resulted in 4 new tapes to be released on the website soon:

The interesting thing this time was tweaks on the instruments & room... not the recording electronics... in fact, the "source" sound is even more important as violins sound different every day - due to humidity changes, setup etc. Pianos also need voicing as playing hardens the sound as the felt on the hammers become compressed..

Our concert was mainly French music, so the piano was voiced softer to give a warmer more resonant sound with bloom to accent the mood of French music.. The violin had a new soundpost placed in Boston which completely transformed it soundscape... it's more powerful, yet has more resonance & ring... all good things..

1) A studio recording of: Danse macabre, Zigeunerweisen, Bloch Nigun, Meditation. I feel this was Tatsuki at his best so I've named this tape "Tatsuki Narita" (I also think this is one of the best soundscapes I've ever recorded...)

2) Live concert recording: Ravel Violin Sonata No. 1 & 2
3) Live concert recording: Arvo Part Fratres, Danse macabre, Debussy Violin Sonata
4) Live concert recording: Ravel Tzigane, Chausson Poeme

Tapes 1-3 run the whole pancake time of 33+ minutes.

There are some pieces which look to be duplicates, but they are all different performances & stand on their own merit...

The beginning of Fratres is very soft & Tatsuki actually was playing in the lower level & walked up to the stage level during the 1st minute.

The solo violin beginning of the Tzigane (3-4 minutes) had Tatsuki walking around the pool playing inches from the audience... arriving at the front of the stage as the piano part began...

These 2 pieces have an interesting sound at the beginning... for the audiophiles...

I'll be releasing these on the website very soon... just waiting for blank pancakes from Pyral, RMGI

Ed

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing