HRS audio isolation rack

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
Actually under my AURALIC G2 Streamer I tried to put 3 more nimbus at the bottom of the streamer ( its already in the HRS stands ) but once I turned on the system, the sounds was very hazy ,,, almost like the life was taken out of the voices mainly in the HF, I was hoping I didn't go crazy so I asked the wife to come and verify ( without saying anything) she noticed it right away stating the sounds was kinda dead and that the sound yesterday was way way better, at the point I asked her to wait and I went and removed the Nimbus at once ,, went back to the seat. ,bang ,,,, the sounds went back to normal ... I can't believe how much difference it actually did ! I mean the AURALIC G2 case is very very solid build to begin with , and now I am wondering if I should remove the NIMBUS off my DAC too lol ! but for better or worse , I have to say that the NIMBUS does work for most cases , but maybe too much can be too much ?

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Yes, nimbus can have that effect so you need to try them out. I used to use nimbus under everything including power distributor, power conditioner and cable networks and found it slowed everything down so I removed them. The system is currently very dynamic as I now only have nimbus below the digital front end and preamp but I'm getting another set of vortex shortly to try on these components to see if there's any difference. Unfortunately with these types of things not only do you need to try and see but one person's slow is another person's perfect.

Number9

Oct 15, 2018
Have any of you experienced too much of a good thing with componrnents directly on m3x shelves no additional tweaks?

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
No

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Have any of you experienced too much of a good thing with componrnents directly on m3x shelves no additional tweaks?

I have nothing between my components and the HRS shelves. I don’t plan to either.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing