HRS audio isolation rack

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
One of my favourite audio isolation rack , we are not only get the best result from engineering designed to eliminate vibration that created noise but this rack so beautiful like home furniture :):):)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_317.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_317.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 541
  • Image_1213.jpg
    Image_1213.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 608
  • Image_1208.jpg
    Image_1208.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 548
  • fullsizeoutput_13e7.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_13e7.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 552

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
I have the TechDas shelf. Perfect for the AF1. I Love their racks. Maybe someday.

As TechDAS was no more OEM shelf from HRS due to cost quite high ,so they move to other. But for me as we are HRS distributor here ,so we still order this designed to served our customers who willing to get the previous HRS-TechDAS stand:D:D:D

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_13fb.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_13fb.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 541

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
As TechDAS was no more OEM shelf from HRS due to cost quite high ,so they move to other. But for me as we are HRS distributor here ,so we still order this designed to served our customers who willing to get the previous HRS-TechDAS stand:D:D:D

Indeed...expensive but effective at isolating the AF1 from vibration nasties ! I appreciate the dished out areas for the plinth and motor feet.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
If you want to talk about something that actually looks like furniture, it's the VX-R:

Attachments

• HRS_MS-15-1.jpeg
    HRS_MS-15-1.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 562

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
If you want to talk about something that actually looks like furniture, it's the VX-R:
Of course the VXR is another league on the top performance and most beautiful designed by HRS. I hope to get them here in the near future as it so perfect matching my demo products and no others come even close :):):)

Attachments

• VXR-1921-3V-FrontR.jpg
    VXR-1921-3V-FrontR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 481
  • low-res-double.jpg
    low-res-double.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 480

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Sticking a SXR rack in a living room makes it look like someone put an audio rack in the living room (which, to be fair is the case with almost every rack I've seen), while the VXR could be a very nice piece of modern furniture (in silver in particular).

The VXR is the first high performance rack I've seen that I wouldn't be embarrassed to put in my living room. Too bad it's so expensive and doesn't allow for custom sizes. Still, I'm seriously considering biting the bullet and getting one just like in the picture I posted for my new house as I don't have the luxury of a dedicated room and my wife is already not thrilled about the audio system "ruining" our living room (she loves the performance but wants everything to disappear and not be so visually imposing - the VXR gets us halfway there but I don't think there's any solution to make my speakers blend in given their size).

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Big fan of HRS...we use their racks and damping plates. One day would ALSO love to get the VXR.

of course, my wife's favorite was one showed to us by our distributor: A full HRS stack...where THEN, they custom built a beautiful copy of an 18 Century wood cabinet around the ENTIRE system so it cloaked the equipment. You opened the doors of this beautiful cabinetry, and looked inside, and there was all the equipment on the HRS racks inside.

I believe it was custom designed by the audio distributor and outsourced to a fine furniture maker...with provisions for adequate ventilation, etc. Apparently, it was mandate by the audiophile's wife if the equipment and system were going in the living room.

I also had our equipment rack designed/made by a custom cabinet maker who is also an audiophile. 3 shelves of 4" thick birch ply with steel tensioning rods inside to pull it tightly together (over 400lbs or so), and then sitting on top of 1.5" thick slab of slate on felt pads. Th shelves are high enough that we can use HRS shelves inside. It has smoked glass doors on front and is covered in piano gloss African sapele.

No...its not 'all HRS'...and I do think about that from time to time, but at least we have their shelves inside! And it fits in the living room, so all is well.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Beautiful !!! I bet $60k USD (Bummer...lol)

Not a bad guess. As pictured the triple wide unit plus six M3X shelves puts you in the general ballpark. But that's for six items; if your system has fewer items the price can be significantly less - three items drops the price by almost twenty grand - still pricey but a big difference. There's no escaping that the VXR is a chunk of change but the setup I pictured (which is gorgeous I agree) is pretty much a fully decked out worst case scenario (unfortunately, what I'm looking at for my setup).

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I love the HRS products too, specially, that you can customize them to the different weights of the units to be placed.
The M3x is my favorite, but for some gear the R and S series bases are also a perfect fit, some gear likes another stone or even wood.

But I am a little bored about standard Hifi Racks in music rooms or living rooms. Even my beloved HRS stands are mostly shown in the standard Tower configuration.

So mostly the customers are not aware, that you can bring the modules of the SXR series side by side to stay on the ground or on a heavy furniture of choice.

What I also love is the chance to get customized HRS stands, so I love the huge HRS M3x stands under my CAT Convergent JL3 Statement Amps.

(They were ordered with some spare place around, may be the next Reference monoAmps from Ken Stevens will become even bigger....)

I added some pictures to demonstrate the side by side configuration of the SXR rack:

IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6579.jpg

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Nice setup HRS VXR in HK :):):)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_143d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_143d.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 370
  • fullsizeoutput_143c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_143c.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 345

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
+1!

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
i prefer the MXR on the far left that is holding the af-1 premium.
looks more 'natural' in a sense, relative to the super-clinical VXR - CH PRECISION combo. looks way too lab.
maybe in minimalist room with epoxy floors, but then acoustics will suffer....
you can't beat wood!
metal is too cold, and will never get past your wife.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Stunning HRS Isolation stand VXR & MXR , not fancy looked but it's real engineering knowledge how to eliminate vibration :):):)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1455.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1455.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 240

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
That is super impressive ! I just got my SXR 4 level installed last week ! looking good ! Guys do you put another nimbus under the equipment on the M3X2 ? OR just directly onto the M3x2 ?

depending on the original feets of your gear.

Mostly I prefer 3 Nimbus , sometimes 4

Reactions: jackson_k

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
That is super impressive ! I just got my SXR 4 level installed last week ! looking good ! Guys do you put another nimbus under the equipment on the M3X2 ? OR just directly onto the M3x2 ?
I believe HRS isolation equipment is designed such that if you really wish to, you place the equipment on top of HRS Nimbus (3 or 4) and then on top of the M3X shelf...furthermore, ON TOP of the equipment, you can use the damping plates. I do not believe this 'overdamps'...it is designed to be even more of the benefits of great isolation as designed by HRS.

Reactions: jackson_k

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017

There is nothing that prevents you from placing components directly on an isolation base. However, best performance is almost always going to be with HRS footers under the component and then onto the isolation base. Nimbus works for all components - four to each component, but as you move up the performance chain, components tend to be better designed with much thicker casework, often made from one piece of metal. For those components, the vortex footers will be superior. In respect of the damping plates, it again depends upon your component. My experience is that they have a negative effect making the system sound darker and focus the system's performance to the bass (but some people might prefer that type of sound), but that's because the components I'm using tend to be high performance and not designed to have additional weighting on them. The usefulness of damping plates might change with components that have been designed to a pricepoint and/or the casing is not as solid/damped as it should be.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing