Is it ok to run components manufactured for Japan electical in the USA - as is?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I also have big sl stats with vtl 750,(...)

Can I ask which particular model and vintage? Did you install the new Toroidal II treble transformers?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Hi ok, so soundlabs, MbL, and you are now looking for a SET based horn?

Any analog?

Did you try your Kraft on the soundlabs, and if yes, what were your observations

No, I believe that stats MUST have tubes, preferably OTL, to maximize on their midrange strengths. What I really want to try is Atmasphere MA2s (or MA3s!) for both transparency and big beitzim, but those marvelous amps are not cheap; I hope one day.

As for analog, hmmm, NO! I feel like I spent thousands on legos for my kids... Yet when we visit my kids' friends, I see fully constructed models, immaculately displayed. In my house, however, they get constructed, get played with, but very quickly taken apart into bazillion pieces... So no. Only well-done digitized analog for me at this time. One day, though, I hope...

caesar

May 30, 2010
Can I ask which particular model and vintage? Did you install the new Toroidal II treble transformers?

I have the a1 with px panels, but no toroidal. I am getting excited about the "tone density" Spirit talks about, and you guys are trying to get me salivate about the stat midrange magic, LOL.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have the a1 with px panels, but no toroidal. I am getting excited about the "tone density" Spirit talks about, and you guys are trying to get me salivate about the stat midrange magic, LOL.

The torroid II improved the "tone density" considerably, although the gain in efficiency was lower than some people optimistically told in forums - I measured around 1.5 dB increase. However the sound become more fleshed.

My A1 PX are also warming up after being disconnected for a long time - I want to listen to the new cj's with them, as well as with the Lamm M1.2 - David told me I must do it. But I know they need at less a week re-burn in playing 50% of the time after hibernation. Also I want to see the effect that the CenterStage footers have on them - not on the speakers, but on the equipment, surely!

caesar

May 30, 2010
The torroid II improved the "tone density" considerably, although the gain in efficiency was lower than some people optimistically told in forums - I measured around 1.5 dB increase. However the sound become more fleshed.

My A1 PX are also warming up after being disconnected for a long time - I want to listen to the new cj's with them, as well as with the Lamm M1.2 - David told me I must do it. But I know they need at less a week re-burn in playing 50% of the time after hibernation.

Awesome! Please share when all ready. I am particularly curious how they do will Lamms.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing