read this article. I'm sure you'll like it

It records / plays the best piano i ve heard to date anywhere

Yep.That's the fully transistorized professional recorder B62 successor of the A62, and innovation fort Studer in 1963. Not so "portable" as they were heavy as hell. Very nice condition and looks good! But no, thanks! I keep my most modern and lighter newer versions.

Excellent decks, though. By 1970 the A 80 program was already going and the recording world was changed forever! :cool:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Its heavy but doable , the A 80 is a back breaker i prefer the B 62 sound to the A 80 RC.
Any thoughts on what is the best sounding studer period ?
Or any recorder ?

The A 80 was not "portable" as yours. The "best" does not exist. It's highly subjective and depends on the listener's preference, you know. Those old Studers and Revoxes, like the G 36, are unique. They were ahead of its time. Some other people refers to the Studer machines as "the best mechanism" ever made, but don't like the sound so much and that's why the mastering engineers used to connect the head direct to external "tape preamps" like Mark Levinson did and some others.

Audiophiles are a difficult to pleased breed and represents a nice market for the upgrades and modifications. Some are really nice and you can notice real improvements, while others are simply BS. Anyway, if I like the sound of my deck "as is" I leave it alone. After all, it's up to the final user who needs to like what he/she hears.

I would like to have a machine like yours in that condition, though. It's a beauty. Congratulations!

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
[FONT=palatino\ linotype]Enjoyed visiting your website and particularly, reading about Nak decks.[/FONT] ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing