KHARMA EXQUISITE MIDI GRAND with new Update VEYRON DRIVERS

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Just upgrade my Exquisite Midi Grand with New version VEYRON Drivers , it's so much improve sound in every details :):):)

Attachments

• IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    805.8 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    955.5 KB · Views: 390
  • fullsizeoutput_13dc.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_13dc.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 365

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Just upgrade my Exquisite Midi Grand with New version VEYRON Drivers , it's so much improve sound in every details :):):)

Is it possible for you to share some details about how they sound with the Dart 458 and CH amps and also what the main differences are between the 2 amps when used with the Kharma Exquisite Grand? What cables are you using with them? Many thanks

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Is it possible for you to share some details about how they sound with the Dart 458 and CH amps and also what the main differences are between the 2 amps when used with the Kharma Exquisite Grand? What cables are you using with them? Many thanks
I used Goebel loudspeaker cable but the Interconnect cable are mixed with CH ,and Stage III . Compare between CH M1+L1 and darTZeel NHB-458+ NHB-18NS , MKII both are great detail , dynamic and bass impact but darTZeel sound more on the warm side and smooth:)

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
I used Goebel loudspeaker cable but the Interconnect cable are mixed with CH ,and Stage III . Compare between CH M1+L1 and darTZeel NHB-458+ NHB-18NS , MKII both are great detail , dynamic and bass impact but darTZeel sound more on the warm side and smooth:)
Many thanks for the feedback. Which amp/preamp has better micro dynamics? Also, have you had a chance to the Enigma Veyron EV2 or EV4 and if so, how did they compare to Exquisite Midi Grand? Many thanks

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats and absolutely beautiful. I have never heard any of the Kharmas, let alone the big Grand series. Given that I have seen at least 2 owners of major Gryphon electronics run with the big Kharmas, I am curious as to how they sound.

Are there any good reviews (English) of the Kharma Grands (Midi, Grand, Grand Extreme, Grand Extreme Ltd?)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats and absolutely beautiful. I have never heard any of the Kharmas, let alone the big Grand series. Given that I have seen at least 2 owners of major Gryphon electronics run with the big Kharmas, I am curious as to how they sound.

Are there any good reviews (English) of the Kharma Grands (Midi, Grand, Grand Extreme, Grand Extreme Ltd?)

Actually, given that you are in Thailand... presume one of your customers may be one of the Gryphon Mephisto/Kharma Grand/Grand Extreme owners I am referring to? He has a dedicated room (all wood paneling) with several Thorens and other TTs behind the listening couch, with the main Kharma's/amps in front.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Actually, given that you are in Thailand... presume one of your customers may be one of the Gryphon Mephisto/Kharma Grand/Grand Extreme owners I am referring to? He has a dedicated room (all wood paneling) with several Thorens and other TTs behind the listening couch, with the main Kharma's/amps in front.

Do you know which TTs? Is it the thorens reference, and what else?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Do you know which TTs? Is it the thorens reference, and what else?

found it...Cuong Pham

cuong pham's system.jpg

plus he seems to have at least 3 of these...

cuong pham's system TT.jpg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Wow thanks. Do either of Tang or boon know the details of the analog set ups?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

here is where i found it...his current set up appears to be Gryphon Pandora/Mephisto/TA Opus MM2 and [actually] 4 Thorens plus a bunch of other stuff. Not being a TT guy, i can only imagine its all pretty SOTA but i have no idea.

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/808

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Maybe not Thailand...but Vietnam. I only know that one of Boonyarat’s customers has a pair of Enigma Veyron with the Ironman monos, CH digital, Tripoint Elite, etc. Gryphon is hard to sell here.

Tang

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Maybe not Thailand...but Vietnam. I only know that one of Boonyarat’s customers has a pair of Enigma Veyron with the Ironman monos, CH digital, Tripoint Elite, etc. Gryphon is hard to sell here.

Tang

Yes, with a name like that, Vietnam was my guess as well, and there are a lot of high end audio distributors in Vietnam...but given your regional proximity, i thought you might happen to know this particular audiophile given how public his system has been for many years.

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Yes, with a name like that, Vietnam was my guess as well, and there are a lot of high end audio distributors in Vietnam...but given your regional proximity, i thought you might happen to know this particular audiophile given how public his system has been for many years.
We did use to demo Gryphon with Kharma Exquisite Classic , as we know Kharma sound so smooth with detail & bass punch and Gryphon amplifier sound lots of power with bass punch& details and a bit bright side . Once matching Gryphon amp with Kharma loudspeakers , in my opinion it tone balance and perfect for audiophile sound not the hi-fi sound. I did sell some Gryphon amplifiers here and it a really one of the great product in the market:):):)

Attachments

• IMG_4958.jpg
    IMG_4958.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_2350_resize.jpg
    DSC_2350_resize.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 198
  • fullsizeoutput_13f4.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_13f4.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 168

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Does carpet come with the amp K.Boon :D?

Tang

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Does carpet come with the amp K.Boon :D?

Tang
We do offer for free if customers need once they bought the GRYPHON;););)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
We did use to demo Gryphon with Kharma Exquisite Classic , as we know Kharma sound so smooth with detail & bass punch and Gryphon amplifier sound lots of power with bass punch& details and a bit bright side . Once matching Gryphon amp with Kharma loudspeakers , in my opinion it tone balance and perfect for audiophile sound not the hi-fi sound. I did sell some Gryphon amplifiers here and it a really one of the great product in the market:):):)

Fantastic photos! Can you tell us anything about these?

1. On the Wilson Maxx system: is that Pandora/Mephisto and then CH Precision for the TT? What cables?
2. On Magico Q7 system: what preamp...ARC into Mephisto? Is that ARC Anniversary Ref?
3. On Kharma: what cables again?

Generally, do you favor Pandora/Mephisto combination over 'mixing' and what is your thought on the ARC/Mephisto combination?

As for Kharma/Gryphon...when we are next in Asia, we will try to stop by to say hello and listen. Fantastic systems you have done here.

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND
Fantastic photos! Can you tell us anything about these?

1. On the Wilson Maxx system: is that Pandora/Mephisto and then CH Precision for the TT? What cables?
2. On Magico Q7 system: what preamp...ARC into Mephisto? Is that ARC Anniversary Ref?
3. On Kharma: what cables again?

Generally, do you favor Pandora/Mephisto combination over 'mixing' and what is your thought on the ARC/Mephisto combination?

As for Kharma/Gryphon...when we are next in Asia, we will try to stop by to say hello and listen. Fantastic systems you have done here.

1. MAXX 3+ GRYPHON MEPHISTO+PANDORA , The cable mixed between Goebel and Stage III .
2. Q7 , T??he owner had ARC anniversary Ref before he bought the MEPHISTO , even the PANDORA perform better with Mephisto but owner don't want to loss money on ARC that why he still used it.
3. On Kharma we used GOEBEL mixed with STAGE III cables.

We always found that for this products level better to used their fully matching AMP+PRE-AMP from the same brand , as it always perform better. Thanks and welcome:):):)

boonyarat

Jan 7, 2011
Bangkok , THAILAND

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I ve heard the expensive one and the cheaper P 150 pre power
The P 150 at kharma in Breda , i ve always wanted to buy a second hand one to try out, it sounded quit special on the exquisite classic

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing