“The Rack”

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Fantastic Tang
will be great sound,you have system over the top and with all these details will be incredible

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Any size details of the top plate you willing to share. Thickness of plate.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Approximately, 850 mm X 700 mm X 10 mm.

Best,
Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey Tang, I’m v glad my initial words on Stacore has helped take you in this direction.
Jarek is talking to me about a rack option as well for getting my Stacores off the floor when I finally acquire the eight platforms I’m looking at.
I can’t deny this is the correct option.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I believe anti vibe mgt like Stacore or Herzan is an easier approach for people to relate to. Their technology doesn’t make people skeptical of how they work. Now Stacore comes with a “complete solution” in a much more practical and eye pleasing package. If my money wasn’t sunk into a very expensive high end rack already and could reset the process, I would go full rack with Stacore like what dcc is doing. The cost is even likely be less extravaganza than TOL leading brands.

Kind regards,
Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, I get that the insistent advice from Dave was to have nothing other than inert support under the AS2000, hence the solid top shelf of yr new Stacore Custom rack. And I get the second tier is Stacore Advanced for yr phono.
I’m not quite sure why you didn’t go Stacore Advanced on bottom tier for the AS motor. Surely any motor will benefit from vibration isolation?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, I get that the insistent advice from Dave was to have nothing other than inert support under the AS2000, hence the solid top shelf of yr new Stacore Custom rack. And I get the second tier is Stacore Advanced for yr phono.
I’m not quite sure why you didn’t go Stacore Advanced on bottom tier for the AS motor. Surely any motor will benefit from vibration isolation?

Why?

1) I am not a believer of anti vibe gear. (Thats why I said you are crazy :D) I actually need just a suitable rack for my tt. But since I commissioned Jarek to do the rack, I give him a chance to prove me wrong with his platform.
2) Two advance platforms for first trial is too expensive.
3) I want to keep this rack as low as possible.

Kind regards,
Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure Tang, I am a believer, and I am crazy, guilty on both charges.
I’m finding in this hobby that major pricey tweaks/enhancements are VERY system/room/setup dependent.
So in London where the EM/RFI hash was appaling, my room acoustics were the worst incl stridency and bass suck outs, but my floor was super sturdy, my system benefitted most from attention to component- and mains-borne hash, and need to augment warmth in my system. Hence my spends on Entreq and Shun Mooks. Stacores may have been less of use because of my bombproof floor.
Here, where my acoustics and mains power are exemplary, meaning no warmth anomalies and less hash, but my 35’ x 30’ Victorian floor is very springy and compliant, Entreq of less use, Mooks counterproductive, but Stacores invaluable in bypassing negative effects of floor.
And esp since I have my tt sited on Stacore on floor, and indeed am planning to have all my gear off rack, onto floor via Stacores.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing