recommendations for upgrade from Exact 2 to MC cartridge

MER99

Mar 7, 2018
I am currently using an Exact 2 on my moded RP6 I am looking for a MC cartridge I am looking at two classes of cartridges under $1000 and under $2000

An thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. The goal is to maximize the performance of the system. I have included a list of my equipment.

Many Thanks!

Turntable: Rega RP6 with just about all of the mods except a new tone arm
Cartridge: Rega Exact 2
Phone stage: Jolida JD9 II with mods
System: Pre Amp/ processor: Krell HTS
Power Amp: Kell showcase 7
Disc player: Oppo UDP-205
Speakers: 7.1 speaker layout. Primary speakers used by the turn table are B&W 803’s
The remaining speakers are also B&W’s matched to the 803’s

Listening room: It is a acoustically corrected room designed and install by professionals. Dimensions are approx.: 15’ wide by 20’ deep
What do is listen to: mostly Rock and roll along with some classical music.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Will you be using a SUT as well, if so is that a part of the cost equation? (iow does the modded Jolida have MC input with enough gain for the typical lomc?)

MER99

Mar 7, 2018
Good question the cost of the SUT would not be in the budget for the cartridge. I know the JD9 does both MM and MC I will have to check on the minimum output that it can deal with.

I am coping this thread to the cartridge forum where I should put in the first place.

Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing