Basis Superarm 9 arrived

stsxerses

Apr 5, 2018
Hi all, has anyone heard the Basis Superarm 9 v the SAT arm in the same or similar set up? If so how would you characterise both arms? My reason for asking is currently I have a Basis Superarm 9 mounted on a Brinkmann Le Grange turntable (with Ront power supply plus Koetsu Coralstone cartridge) and it has been suggested to me that if I want to improve sonics (which are already pretty damm good!) I should look to change the arm to the SAT. In my mind I was thinking that the way to go would be the turntable and the two which most interest me are the Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 and new Air Force III Premium.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Hi all, has anyone heard the Basis Superarm 9 v the SAT arm in the same or similar set up? If so how would you characterise both arms? My reason for asking is currently I have a Basis Superarm 9 mounted on a Brinkmann Le Grange turntable (with Ront power supply plus Koetsu Coralstone cartridge) and it has been suggested to me that if I want to improve sonics (which are already pretty damm good!) I should look to change the arm to the SAT. In my mind I was thinking that the way to go would be the turntable and the two which most interest me are the Grand Prix Monaco 2.0 and new Air Force III Premium.

You have a world class table, arm and cartridge. Go buy some records.

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
On my Basis Super Arm 9 , I changed out the hard wired phono cable to a custom termination block fitted with WBT RCA connectors . I really prefer my Tara Labs Phono IC cables , glad I made the change.

stsxerses

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks all. Sammy interested that you changed the original wiring. I did wonder how good it is but remember AJ saying it was the best match for the arm. What made you decide to change and how would you characterise the difference v the original wire? Did you have to send the arm back to Basis to do the rewiring? Regards

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
I did the rewiring myself, along with fabricating a new terminal mounting block . I did the same wire change out with my old Vector 4, it replaced an original Phantom tone arm that was wired with my Tara Labs phono cable. Tara cable is tune able , you have the option of running grounding stations with the cable. I like this setup a lot better. Deeper bass, better defined top end . You can order the Basis Super Arm 9 with a terminal block if you prefer running your own phono cable.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing