Max's speaker and a few words...

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
No, they just hide their identity. You'd be shocked if you knew some of the people lurking on forums (DIYaudio specifically) for new ideas and information. Plenty of them admit to working for high end companies, just not who exactly. We've been copied by one of the biggest companies out there (as far as we can tell, appears to be the same thing and dating lines up, and no one else on the planet has ever come up with it). And more than one design from the forums has made it mainstream or become a company. People don't do nearly as much chit-chat on that forum. It's probably the richest source on the planet for designing audio information - in fact in many ways it's the only source since it includes subjectivity comments unlike textbooks on many things (we all know not every EE or physics guy could make a good sounding piece of equipment to save their life).

The Cookbook is good, but as much information as it has, you are still responsible to make the speaker sound good. Knowing what it has, will help you greatly to diagnose problems and work on design goals. However it cannot actually tell you how to make a good speaker, there's a LOT more to it, and a lot more discovery to be made with drivers, boxes, etc. If you want to just ignore everything and slap stuff together you're in for a long road. I can assure you people that designed the M2's (or any JBL), Alon Wolf, Andrew Jones, etc know about all the technical stuff there is to know. It's having the experience and wisdom to figure out how and when to use it that separates them from someone else.

We have the ability to help with technical advisement, particularly on the electrical side. We are not "by the book" so much as we are "by the sound we use the book". I didn't mean to turn this towards a plug, but I assume your really great resin boxes could use a hand in accelerating them into people buying.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
That i dont sell Them is because hardly anybody hears Them.
Designing a good product is 50 percent marketing the product the other 50.
You need to advertise go on shows , people dont come to you ( except Ron and kedar then).
You have to let people hear how the product sounds, after that dealers might be interested.
To me Ls design is basically a done deal, doubted a bit about the tweeter, but here in belgium in the old style building its Just perfect sounding extended pure never harsh and spacious.
With a ls product i bought i always found something annoying after a while.

PS thanks for the offer anyway.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing