vdH Colibri XGW Signature Stradavriius .72mv output---almost new, 25 hours

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
this is the $11,995 van den Hul Colibri XGW Signature Stradivarious, with .75mv output.....asking $5695.

i purchased this beauty in late December anticipating adding more tonearms, and put about 25 hours on it. but going forward i only have one tonearm and I've bought a different amplifier and so i'm moving out a few extra cartridges.

i can say personally i have not heard a more dynamic cartridge, or one with more detail. it's about 1/3rd broken in. and with .7mv output, your phono stage is going to be ultra dynamic and the backgrounds will be super quiet.

here is a thread i started on this cartridge.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?24574-vdH-Colibri-Stradivarious-Signature-7mv

and an Absolute Sound review.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/art...arius-and-colibri-xgw-signature-stradivarius/

someone is going to get a true state of the art cartridge at a great buy.

Col Sig 7-1.jpg

Col Sig 7-3.jpg

Col Sig 7-4.jpg

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Are you keeping your MC Anna ? Why no other arms ?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Are you keeping your MC Anna ? Why no other arms ?

sold the MC Anna a few weeks back to a friend. only the Clearaudio GFS (mounted on my Durand Sapphire Telos) and Miyajima Premium Be mono (not mounted at the moment) remain.

decided to buy a different set of amps instead of having multiple tonearms for now. just a re-allocation of resources. loving the Lamm ML3's. I will have a vintage SME 3012 tonearm (with a headshell set-up) on my new AS-2000 turntable to begin with as a second tonearm, not sure what cart will go on that to begin with. I do plan on eventually having 4 tonearms, but not right now.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
+1000 on the mono. Though it will interesting to see how mono does on such a well sorted stereo system

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I do plan on eventually having 4 tonearms, but not right now.

at roughly $4k NOS and $3K used in excellent condition and in perfect working order, tonearm costs don't have to be a factor anymore and you can put the money towards more carts for bayonet mounting. I now have 5, SME3012R's (series 1) in my possession. They are indeed the analog sonic bargain of the century. They hold nothing back from the music and add nothing to it...perfect match for the AS2000.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
at roughly $4k NOS and $3K used in excellent condition and in perfect working order, tonearm costs don't have to be a factor anymore and you can put the money towards more carts for bayonet mounting. I now have 5, SME3012R's (series 1) in my possession. They are indeed the analog sonic bargain of the century. They hold nothing back from the music and add nothing to it...perfect match for the AS2000.

Mike is selling out his carts. And you are suggesting him more arms...in his cart selling thread. You guys are funny.

Tang:D

Reactions: bonzo75

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
sold the MC Anna a few weeks back to a friend. only the Clearaudio GFS (mounted on my Durand Sapphire Telos) and Miyajima Premium Be mono (not mounted at the moment) remain.

decided to buy a different set of amps instead of having multiple tonearms for now. just a re-allocation of resources. loving the Lamm ML3's. I will have a vintage SME 3012 tonearm (with a headshell set-up) on my new AS-2000 turntable to begin with as a second tonearm, not sure what cart will go on that to begin with. I do plan on eventually having 4 tonearms, but not right now.
Thank you Mike ! Looking at Mc Anna for my 3012R arm, sure Ortofon is coming with a new top model for their 100 year anniversary later this year, maybe I’ll wait. Keep up the search finding YOUR perfect system ! You are an inspiration, as your only agenda seems to be the best sound possible.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thank you Mike ! Looking at Mc Anna for my 3012R arm, sure Ortofon is coming with a new top model for their 100 year anniversary later this year, maybe I’ll wait. Keep up the search finding YOUR perfect system ! You are an inspiration, as your only agenda seems to be the best sound possible.

thank you for the kind words. I do highly recommend the MC Anna as an always sure footed and musical listening conduit. I love it's tonal balance, energetic and nuanced presentation. the GFS, at close to twice the price, is a step up sure, but I could live with the Anna forever with no worries......in my particular system.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
thank you for the kind words. I do highly recommend the MC Anna as an always sure footed and musical listening conduit. I love it's tonal balance, energetic and nuanced presentation. the GFS, at close to twice the price, is a step up sure, but I could live with the Anna forever with no worries......in my particular system.
And your system is changing ! Christian seems to favor warmer cartridges after buying the American Sound turntable, maybe a synergy with his new favorite arm the 3012R. But not a lot of datapoints available at this time, you and Tang will be using more modern arms on your tt’s when you receive them. Looking forward to reading about it !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing