RIP | Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking has died at 76

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
? http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/stephen-hawking-1.4575652

1-3-4 (3/14) Pi Day.

Albert Einstein not only was born on March 14 but he also died @ age 76.
Stephen Hawking died on March 14 @ age 76.
I think they had the same IQ...160.
https://www.fromthegrapevine.com/lifestyle/11-year-old-girl-just-beat-einstein-iq-test
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...awking-11-year-old-arnav-sharma-a7814946.html

Cosmos coincidence or not there are people who decide of the day they want to die. ...Like some women who decide the day to give birth.

The Northern Lights in the sky above from some parts of the world on the right latitude should be a good show.
? https://globalnews.ca/news/4082805/solar-storm-northern-lights-canada/amp/

And that link just above is a good read that motivates further reads...books, documentaries, scientific journals and all.

I might revisit the film 'The Theory of Everything' in honoring him.

Last edited:

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
DJhawking-U20572770536XIH--621x414@LiveMint.jpg

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I hear you Bob...but as the saying goes..." never underestimate the power of a single person to change the world...indeed. it the only thing that ever has".

I understand the sadness of the loss...but "have no fear of atomic energy, none of them can stop the time". "What is to be, got to be".

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's not about you Norm, it's not about me, it's about the cosmos and everything else in it. Stephen Hawking just opened it wider for us; we lost our top physicist in these times we are living.

To me, he helped me understand the universe better, and consequently our own planet and the human species. I cannot thank another human being more immensely than him.

There are some musicians that when they died I cried, Stephen Hawking I feel an emptiness, larger than tears...a hole of sadness in my brain.

bach_king

Mar 10, 2018
Northampton , England
One of my annual Christmas treats used to be attending the famous Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols in the beautiful chapel of Kings College Cambridge. In order to ensure a seat in the chapel proper I had to get to Cambridge at c.0530hrs and queue all day. About 7 years ago I had the great pleasure of finding myself sitting next the great Professor Stephen Hawking next to the choir. Awesome. I remember wondering how they would deal with his electric wheelchair which was constantly beeping and buzzing - the service is broadcast live to around 200 million people worldwide and so silence is essential. In the event it was not a problem they just shut it down and rigged it for silent running for the duration of the organ recital and service which last 2.5 hours. Life is full of surprises.

All the best

David. :cool:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing