Axpona 2018 - Who's Going

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
I will be there Saturday and Sunday as a guest? Have some bandwidth outside of my business meetings to visit some rooms and snap some snazzy pictures.

What should I demo while I am there?

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..just Friday

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I'll be exhibiting in the Nirvana A meeting room which is directly up the escalator from where the parking lot walkway enters the building. I'll have a few more channels, but smaller scale Dolby Atmos surround system this year, possibly a small 2ch setup at the entrance of the room.

While a new venue always means exhibitors need to adjust to a new environment, the venue is in a much better location for parking, nearby hotel options, restaurants, and shopping options for significant others or when taking a break from the show. Parking is free and directly in front of the venue, rather that the mess of the past few years.

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
I'll be there for the whole show, staying at the Renaissance minus the Gold Pass this year. As their is not much gold in it, you used to get an hour of early access of up to four vendors a day, before the masses showed up. I thought that was pretty cool and worth the extra money.

Now all you get is the coat room/VIP room, with bottles of water, a t-shirt, a GTG of industry people in the VIP room. With no one wearing name tags so who knows who's who.

Would love to hear a setup of Auro3D, to hear how it compares to Dolby Atmos, DTS:X. Best Buy said I would have to go to a Best Buy Design store, which there are three of in Chicago so will probably check that out a day or two prior to the show.

In addition to Seaton Sound's room at the show of course, they always put on a good show. I'm the goofy guy who has Mr. Seaton play my old Telarc Surround or SACD's of Star Trek, Star Wars, or something similar.

Thanks Mr. Seaton for accommodating my requests.

Last edited:

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
Tidal, AKA The Voice That Is. Always has a great set up, love YG Acoustics too. Audio Solutions out of Indy will probably have a demo of the speakers I bought last year of from them. JBL 4367's these look like old horn speakers of yore but have JBL's latest and greatest technology and punch way above their price. Avantgarde Acoustic will have a full range horn system, which should be awesome.

Last but not least Von Schwiekert Audio's, Ultra11 is pretty incredible in size, sound and price (300K). Plus the usual suspects Magico, Wilson Audio, and Sonus Faber. Which have different models in more than one room.

Last edited:

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
think i'll check it out saturday.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing