Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FINALLY Found A Listening Chair I Want

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    I own and like very much the Ekornes lounge chairs.

Interestingly, after researching chairs extensively last year, I also selected a Paltrona-Frau (Downtown Managerial) as my top choice:

Name:  B31B5D90-56AE-4198-9ABF-440F2109E5B4.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  63.2 KB

I really like the adjustability as to height, as to recline and as to rocker tension.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    I own and like very much the Ekornes lounge chairs.

Interestingly, after researching chairs extensively last year, I also selected a Paltrona-Frau (Downtown Managerial) as my top choice:

Name:  B31B5D90-56AE-4198-9ABF-440F2109E5B4.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  63.2 KB
    Nice

It’s funny I was just about to pull the trigger on the Ekornes chair I referenced when I came across that Willy posted on AudioNirvana site and a contributor to this site which I later found out.

I am looking for some comfort FINALLY.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Well I agree with MikeL that the truly most comfortable thing is his Relax-the-Back “Perfect Chair” lounger, but I don’t want to listen with my ears pointed too high up.

This is the current version of that chair:

Name:  0F7DECC8-359B-4650-8CB3-721E99E0C4F7.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  50.7 KB

But I’d be perfectly happy to go to sleep in it!
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    Well I agree with MikeL that the truly most comfortable thing is his Relax-the-Back “Perfect Chair” lounger, but I don’t want to listen with my ears pointed too high up.

This is the current version of that chair:

Name:  0F7DECC8-359B-4650-8CB3-721E99E0C4F7.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  50.7 KB

But I’d be perfectly happy to go to sleep in it!
    Agree. I have that chair, almost from when it first came out. It has lasted through three moves, close to 10 dogs, three kids, me and my wife who know uses it as her go to chair for meditation. Incredibly comfortable and incredibly well made BUT not a listening chair IMHO. Back is way to high and it is actually just an OK chair in neutral/upright position. Not only would I be perfectly happy to sleep in it, I often do when my back is killing me or when I decide to take a break from my big system and listen to MojoPoly with Audeze iLCD4s. I barely get through a song and I am snoring away.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    That’s great. Well thanks to him I found my chair. Used to own Avalon and loved them. He has good taste in audio and “chairs”
    I cant wait sitting in that crappy chair is not comfortable.
    Bending Wave USA distributors of Gobel High End Loudspeakers and Cables 100 percent made in Germany
    Dealers for CH Precision

Member Sponsor Senior Member Marcus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    That’s great. Well thanks to him I found my chair. Used to own Avalon and loved them. He has good taste in audio and “chairs”
    Thanks for nice comments Priaptor. You’ll love it. I bought mine in Italy (Udine) and was hooked the moment I sat in it. It’s comfortable and beautiful design and excellent for music listening. Also it’s a high quality product. Mine is 8 years old and looks and feels as new. Congrats.
    Source: Kuzma XL DC, Kuzma 4Point 14 inch, Benz Micro LP-S MR; Phono: Zanden 1200 Mk3; Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD-108T Signature; Line Stage: Zanden 3000 Mk2 (ordered); Power amp: conrad-johnson ART; Speakers: Avalon Time; Grounding: Tripoint Troy Signature & Thor SE; Interconnects: Cardas Clear Beyond; Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Beyond; Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond; Stands: Finite Elemente Master Reference & Master Reference Heavy Duty;Acoustics treatment: Svanå Miljöteknik (SMT);

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Thanks for nice comments Priaptor. You’ll love it. I bought mine in Italy (Udine) and was hooked the moment I sat in it. It’s comfortable and beautiful design and excellent for music listening. Also it’s a high quality product. Mine is 8 years old and looks and feels as new. Congrats.
    Thanks I owe it to you! I'm pretty amazed when I see people paying so much for audio and skimping or not paying attention to the capabilities of "the chair" which to me is as important part of the system as anything else.

I am really looking forward to it. Again thanks for posting as I never would have found it otherwise and "settled" for an Ekornes (LOL)

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    I use 2 chairs;

I use this one, a Cassina K10 Dodo, when I have guests since it's headrest pivots down and it swivels.

Name:  Dodo.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  27.6 KB

but my main, personal, listening chair is this one, that turns 20 years old next spring (that is a picture from 2001 in my old room in my old home). yes, it is a 'perfect chair/zero gravity chair'......but it's more than that. it's also a special narrow-tall version, with rounded sides that do not cup the sound, and a rounded head rest that deflects reflections away from your ears so it actually works great for focused listening. it gets my ears at the exact perfect height. and it has visco-elastic memory foam and is heavenly to sit in indefinitely. sure, I can fall asleep in it when I'm tired, but it's my trusted listening companion and i'll be buried with it.

Name:  zero.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  205.6 KB
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12