Wave Kinetics NVS Reference Turntable

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
According to the many write ups, I know JT's room was awesome & the Evolution Acoustics Micro ones were a real hit...
But I'm very surprised no one has commented the beautiful NVS Reference Turntable?

My next Turntable for sure!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I've heard the NVS turntable in a couple of systems now. It makes other turntables seem "broken". It has the ability to image and throw a soundstage as good as the Rockport and has the bottom end foundation and boogie factor that the Rockport doesn't. It's probably the best I've heard!

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Mike L, I have to believe you've also auditioned this table. What are your thoughts?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike L, I have to believe you've also auditioned this table. What are your thoughts?

i've heard it in my system twice; first time it was still a bit rough (as it was still in development) but still very nice. second time it was much better and really wonderful (but still not fully finished). i understand it's now pretty much done and even better.

it is a world class tt and the technology behind it is amazing. i had doubted it could be as good as my ears told me it was with almost zero listening involved in it's development. i take my hat off to Jonathan and Matt. it could be as good as anything i've heard.

i need to spend more time with the finished product before i could say any more.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Looks spectacular what's the MSRP?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Hi

Looks spectacular what's the MSRP?

as far as i know it's $25k MSRP....which includes a separate power supply and two arm mounting spots. bring your own arms.

it does have a fairly large footprint, and they are planning on a dedicated stand in the near future. the build quality is superb.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
as far as i know it's $25k MSRP....which includes a separate power supply and two arm mounting spots. bring your own arms.

it does have a fairly large footprint, and they are planning on a dedicated stand in the near future. the build quality is superb.

Woah!? Very interesting.. From what I have heard about this this is very, very interesting ...Although 25K is not chump change, I would have expected the usual 5 figures for a TT that aspires to be amongs the best... Is sanity returning to the High End scene??.. I find this very encouraging .. ..

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Thanks, Mike. I look forward to your additional thoughts as you spend more time with the table.

i've heard it in my system twice; first time it was still a bit rough (as it was still in development) but still very nice. second time it was much better and really wonderful (but still not fully finished). i understand it's now pretty much done and even better.

it is a world class tt and the technology behind it is amazing. i had doubted it could be as good as my ears told me it was with almost zero listening involved in it's development. i take my hat off to Jonathan and Matt. it could be as good as anything i've heard.

i need to spend more time with the finished product before i could say any more.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010

Mike might have been premature about the pricing. Originally when we started the design, we had hoped for a price in that area, but we are not going to be able to do that. The table has completely changed from when I discussed this with Mike.

Price TBA

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Mike might have been premature about the pricing. Originally when we started the design, we had hoped for a price in that area, but we are not going to be able to do that. The table has completely changed from when I discussed this with Mike.

Price TBA
If I could ask, please keep our forum in the loop for any news updates.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
I've heard the NVS turntable in a couple of systems now. It makes other turntables seem "broken". It has the ability to image and throw a soundstage as good as the Rockport and has the bottom end foundation and boogie factor that the Rockport doesn't. It's probably the best I've heard!

Bruce, that's a helluva statement and Mike appears to suggest the table has great portent. High testament, indeed!

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Recent Picture from CES

Courtesy of Mike and Nellie

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Jonathan,
Thanks for posting a updated pic, one word..... Gorgeous!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
DSC_0056..jpg DSC_0052..jpg Couple more from the show.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing