Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Last edited:

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Hi Ked,

Love reading your reviews. Insightful, detailed, and honest. One comment if I may.

You mentioned in another thread that Fremer's room was not well suited for judging (due to all the clutter I assume) the quality of audio gear. Well, this room looks as cluttered, if not more, than MF's room yet you seemed to have liked what you heard.

I, for one, could not relax and enjoy music in a room like that. Way too much stuff.

Best.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
His room is cluttered but quite big, not small. The smaller speakers like magico and Alta have more than enough space from the walls. Only the Alexandria behind them, there temporarily, does not show you depth from the front wall. The pics also don't show you how far back the rear wall is

Also, this room is meant to swap gear around to get flavors, not to do a final set up and listen to one system like Mike's.

You go here to get flavors of gear. Do you want SS on Magico? Valves? Etc

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
His room is cluttered but quite big, not small. The smaller speakers like magico and Alta have more than enough space from the walls. Only the Alexandria behind them, there temporarily, does not show you depth from the front wall. The pics also don't show you how far back the rear wall is

Also, this room is meant to swap gear around to get flavors, not to do a final set up and listen to one system like Mike's.

You go here to get flavors of gear. Do you want SS on Magico? Valves? Etc

Thx Ked:).....that's being very kind. It's a ZOO:) But it works and like you say customer's come in and want to hear lot's of different combinations and I've found they like to do it in the same space. When I do permanent installations in clients homes/rooms of course it's usually one set of speakers and electronics/sources.

The room litereally changes from week to week....keeps it fun. Don't forget that this is a store where changing equipment is a constant situation.

It's funny, if you look at the pic from Ked's last visit in 2016 the M3's are the only thing that is the same in both pics. Every other item is different.

People have a hard time relating to the Rhapsody space from pics unless they've visited. Like David Chesky said "It has a vibe in here".

Last edited:

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
It is an I-88 http://www.jadis-electronics.com/en/i88-52.php

I like the aesthetics of the I-88 as much as ANY Jadis piece. The sound is VERY GOOD with 90 Watts of Pure Class A. Even has a built in dac and a remote.

nice one, yes thought it looked a bit smaller than 88s.
still a nice unit though.
these are some very musical integrateds; and now the current models have some oomph as well as finesse.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing