Lyra Erodion SUT

jcarr

Mar 24, 2012
Tokyo
www.lyraaudio.com
One my friend has Atlas and Erodion red and prefer listen with Erodion
when I tried Erodion Evo with MM input of my CH, I found more stage, more body and more dynamic, was a fantastic sound, only very little less transparent on high, but this is normal

Hi Gian: The Erodion's rear panel is equipped with a grounding switch, and instructions on the purpose of each grounding switch position should be inside the user's manual. Experimenting with the switch may provide a little more sonic transparency.

Also, instead of connecting the ground leads of your turntable and tonearm to the Erodion, and the ground of the Erodion to the phono stage, could you try connecting the ground leads of your turntable and tonearm and Erodion directly to the phono stage?

Alternatively, in some systems it may be possible to connect the ground leads of your turntable and tonearm to the phono stage, and leave the Erodion ungrounded.

In a high resolution system, altering the grounding of the Erodion should result in clear changes to the sound.

kind regards, jonathan

Last edited:

squasher

Apr 7, 2016
I'll ask again:

Where in the US can someone buy a Lyra Erodion?

jcarr

Mar 24, 2012
Tokyo
www.lyraaudio.com
Hi Squasher: We don't dictate to our distributors which Lyra product they should carry, or not - such business decisions are left to the discretion of each distributor.

If you contact our distributor in the US, Audioquest, I am sure that you will receive an answer.

kind regards, jonathan

squasher

Apr 7, 2016
If you contact our distributor in the US, Audioquest, I am sure that you will receive an answer.

Actually, I have sent a couple of emails to lyra@audioquest.com within the last week and haven't received any response yet...

squasher

Apr 7, 2016
I just want to provide more info on the Erodion in case anyone in the US cares...

According to a voicemail I received from Audioquest (the US distributor for Lyra), they have never imported it into the US market from Japan. He went on to say that he "wasn't even sure that it was supported anymore".

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing