Can't reach MBL USA

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I have emailed with no response for weeks, keep calling the 480 # and is always "busy", there is an 888 number for dealer location and some chap picked it up saying it's the warehouse and directs me back to the 480 #... anyone know what's going on with MBL USA? Did they attend CES?

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
As it turns out, they have no dealers anymore in the US. Only way to audition is at the trade shows...

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Yes, they did have a hotel suite where they showed old and new products. There was some reorganization since the founder, Wolfgang Meletsky, has separated from MBL and was represented separately with his MCAudio line.
MBL America also shows 949-331-3147.

caesar

May 30, 2010
If you go to Audiogon, a dealer called GTT is claiming to be the distributor now. It seems like MBL America is trying to dump their inventory at cost on Audiogon, but is claiming to be the importer.

Nice communication from a company selling gear that costs more than a home! Only a genius would purchase their products until the mess is clarified.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Unfortunately, Bill Parrish / GTT Audio was the US MBL distributor but was caught up in some corporate mucky muck.

GG

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Unfortunately, Bill Parrish / GTT Audio was the US MBL distributor but was caught up in some corporate mucky muck.

GG

Jeremy Ryan is the MBL distributor now. I'll look see if I have his card around.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

caesar

May 30, 2010
Jeremy Ryan is the MBL distributor now. I'll look see if I have his card around.

I don't mean to split legal hairs, but I believe that MBL North America is a fully owned subsidiary of the parent company in Germany, rather than a distributor. Having a subsidiary would mean that Corporate would be able to exercise much more control than having a distributor, who could turn out to be a loose cannon.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Caesar,

Based on my dealings with Bill Parrish / GTT Audio, I don't believe he was a loose canon. He never shared exactly what was coming down in December 2010 (nor did I ask) when I visited him and bought my MBL 116's but it didn't sound simple (read possible lawsuit).

I believe he picked up the Soulution / YG Acoustics lines as a result of this issue. Not a bad outcome.

GG

PS: Question for ack. I noticed in the recent Stereophile review of the 101E MKII, it stated that there were eight US dealers. Do you know if that's true or not?

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
Caesar,

Based on my dealings with Bill Parrish / GTT Audio, I don't believe he was a loose canon. He never shared exactly what was coming down in December 2010 (nor did I ask) when I visited him and bought my MBL 116's but it didn't sound simple (read possible lawsuit).

I believe he picked up the Soulution / YG Acoustics lines as a result of this issue. Not a bad outcome.
?

I meant that as a figure of speech rather than a matter of fact. I do not know any of the players involved. Obviously, MBL parent company wants iron grip control over their US operation for whatever reason by having a subsidiary rather than a distributor.

Also, I thought MBL of America was located near LA?

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Bill was the MBL "distributor" for Canada, Mexico, and the US as indicated in the MBL Reference Line catalog. His house / office is in New Jersey, about 90 miles west of NYC.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I think Greg Beron of United Home Audio is now MBL's East Coast distributor.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Mr. Astor,

Do you know if there are any MBL dealers left in the US where one can go and actually hear the product line?

GG

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
PS: Question for ack. I noticed in the recent Stereophile review of the 101E MKII, it stated that there were eight US dealers. Do you know if that's true or not?

Hi Gordon, I have no idea, but when I inquired mbl NA a year ago I was directed to two dealers on the east coast, so i could believe the claim.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Mr. Astor,

Do you know if there are any MBL dealers left in the US where one can go and actually hear the product line?

GG

Not many off the top of my head. Greg Beron down in Annapolis Junction, MD has them set up (he's as previously mentioned the East Coast distributor). I was also under the impression that MBL has at one time a showroom in NYC? Other than that no.

Perhaps Greg at audio@unitedhomeaudio.com can point you in the right direction.

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
MBL at United Home Audio

MBL is alive and well at United Home Audio.
We have lots of MBL gear here for audition in our showrooms three different model Radialstrahler speakers, amps, preamps, from the least expensive up to the Reference gear.
We are open six days a week for audition, let me know if I can help with anything.
Greg Beron
540-295-8313
greg@unitedhomeaudio.com

http://www.unitedhomeaudio.com/

Last edited:

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing