Music for TAD speakers

Kefas

May 21, 2014
This album has been mixed on Tad CE 1's !
I was looking up something about this recording on the S.L. site and happened to look all the way at the bottom of the page where it says that the music has been mixed on Tad speakers, and it is indeed an excellent match.
https://www.soundliaison.com/

So how about a thread where Tad owners recommend their favorite sounding albums?

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
It looks like they started using Tad when they switched to DXD.
Interesting that they use the c1 for mixing and not a dedicated studio monitor.

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Correction; Andre Heuvelman's Crystal Tears is mixed on the Tads's as well it says on the site.

Kefas

May 21, 2014
It looks like they started using Tad when they switched to DXD.
Interesting that they use the c1 for mixing and not a dedicated studio monitor.

I guess they find them just as good or maybe even better for the market they are aiming for.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
This album has been mixed on Tad CE 1's !
I was looking up something about this recording on the S.L. site and happened to look all the way at the bottom of the page where it says that the music has been mixed on Tad speakers, and it is indeed an excellent match.
https://www.soundliaison.com/

So how about a thread where Tad owners recommend their favorite sounding albums?

The Carmen Gomes album is available as in RedBook CD via the BandCamp site; https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/album/sings-the-blues

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Reactions: APP and RussR

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Superior one point stereo recording with Carmen Gomes. Superb realism and sound stage.
As with al the Sound Liaison recordings mixed on TAD's

24bit

Jun 14, 2013
New '''TAD" album. I love it. Highly recommended. Now I just need to save up for a pair TAD's :)
This recording doesn’t take you to the recording studio. Even better, it brings the recording studio to your listening room. Very few studio recordings do this. The drums to the left, Carmen in the middle in front of the instruments and the bass just to the right of her and the guitar to the right side of the soundstage. The sound is totally three dimensional. You almost feel like you can reach out and touch everyone. The sound is totally open with natural decay and depth. It is stunning. It really is. No hyperbole. full review; https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/sound-liaison-one-mic-recording-r957/

DXD, flac ,DSD and Wav at; SOUND LIAISON.COM Redbook CD at; CARMEN GOMES BANDCAMP

Last edited:

APP

Oct 1, 2014
I don't believe this album was mixed on TAD's as the fine albums mentioned above but it does have the same kind of immersive quality.

PGA

Dec 29, 2013
Andrew Jones now has a playlist in Qobus. Sounds great on my R1s

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I’m listening to a new artist’s first album- Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul

A bit Nina Simone like and extremely well recorded with nice depth. 0FA7B183-7896-4040-B8F6-525BF1015551.png

Last edited:

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
If you like above Lady Blackbird recoding, I suggest you try and listen to a non streaming version converted to WAV. I’ve read that people have compared Qobuz streaming with a downloaded version, and the download sounds better. I can definitely say in my system anyway, converting the already excellent sounding flac file to WAV takes it to the next level of realism and naturalness.

I think recordings like this really show how much aesthetics play a part in sound quality. This is a new artist, so I can’t imagine there was a big budget to record this album. Granted it’s quieter music which is generally sounds better. The opposite of this approach I would call the Springsteen albums (western stars sounds decent) but his latest album, letter to you, which I really like musically, and which was recorded quite organically (live band playing all at once in the the studio, with minimal overdubs of just guitar and sax) is just so compressed it really sounds poor on some tracks. I compared the backing vocals on this album vs. his second album (Wild and innocent) which was truly a budget studio, and the backing vocals were so much more fleshed out on the old recordings.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing