To Ron: The answer to your amp question

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Don't know if you have made an actual financial commitment yet to amplifiers but consider this development from Aries Cerat:

http://aries-cerat.eu/tech-blog

250W Class A OTL!

120KG per monoblock...Lots of 6C19PI tubes (great sounding little power tube...from that Russian low output impedance family of regulator turned amplifier tubes).

Something worth thinking about...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Don't know if you have made an actual financial commitment yet to amplifiers but consider this development from Aries Cerat:

http://aries-cerat.eu/tech-blog

250W Class A OTL!

120KG per monoblock...Lots of 6C19PI tubes (great sounding little power tube...from that Russian low output impedance family of regulator turned amplifier tubes).

Something worth thinking about...

It looks great, and the parafeed SE looks an ideal candidate to Ron ribbons, but what is price per kg?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
It looks great, and the parafeed SE looks an ideal candidate to Ron ribbons, but what is price per kg?

No idea yet...it is still under development.

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello gents

Wow i forgot that was still online :)
These were the Conrtemo monos. It was launched couple of years ago

But quickly made it unobtainable.It was a victim of my try-to-keep-the-range-small(at the time).

It also scared a lot of people due to it's heat output and number of tubes.
However,a complete changeover of the 32+2(per mono) tubes would be 10x cheaper than getting a top shelve 845/211 pair so....

contremo.JPG untitled3.JPG

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Now your talk'in, Brad! I agree -- this looks great! :D

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hello gents

Wow i forgot that was still online :)
These were the Conrtemo monos. It was launched couple of years ago

But quickly made it unobtainable.It was a victim of my try-to-keep-the-range-small(at the time).

It also scared a lot of people due to it's heat output and number of tubes.
However,a complete changeover of the 32+2(per mono) tubes would be 10x cheaper than getting a top shelve 845/211 pair so....

View attachment 39104 View attachment 39105

Oh well! It is a very innovative design!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Does it come with an accessory hot plate so you can cook eggs and bacon?

That thing is nuts, an absolute beast. I dare say it may not price friendly, even with your substantial budget.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing