FS: Datasat RS20i Surround Processor (Black)

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I am ONLY selling to be able to experiment with 9.X.6 discrete channels (or higher). I am blown away by everything the Datasat processor does. I am not yet convinced that 9.X.6 on a different processor (regardless of it's name, reputation or price) will actually get me any improvement in overall sound quality nor, envelopment. But I won’t know without trying (yes, I’m am addict). If I had any reason to believe that Datasat would provide a 9.X.6 ability in the next 6 months, I would never sell this unit – and only hope I am not making a huge mistake.

If you want the very best 7.X.4 home theater and/or multi-channel music room, this is the unit for you:

- Includes on site Dirac Calibration (in the Continental US)

- Original Owner

- Excellent condition

- Rack mount ears included

- Have original factory shipping boxes

- Includes Dolby Atmos, Auro and DTS:X capabilities

- Includes most up-to-date (September 2017) HDMI card (HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2) with four (4) 4K/HDR inputs and 1 output. MSRP of $1100

- Includes (2) extra length Analog Cable Assembly, RS20i Analog audio out, to (16) XLR, 2 meters. MSRP of about $800.00

- Includes (2) 8-channel Digital-In Cables (XLR). These cables are the only way to get access to all 16 channels for inputting signal sweeps for testing. MSRP $644.00

- Up to 10 instantly accessible stored Dirac filters. Too much flexibility to list on this page [e.g. pre and post Dirac PEQs; multiple options for handling the LFE channel(s)]

- MSRP well in excess of $27,000 (Hardware + Calibration)

- Price including all of the above: $16,600

- If interested in performing Dirac calibration yourself, add $1700 for Dirac 2 software, calibrated microphone, mic preamp and (used) Apple MacBook Air laptop computer on which the Dirac 2 software is loaded.

NOTE: I will be away from my home for 2 to 3 weeks so will not be able to ship until I return.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing