The Best Popcorn Recipe

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Ingredients:

Organic popcorn (pops much better)
Quality salt such as the red stuff, optional Truffle Salt
True EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), California Brand & Costco's Kirkland are always real EVOO (not mixes etc), Butter/ghee optional (but not as good)
Dried Dill, the little tiny green slivers
And the most important ingredient, nutritional yeast (not brewers, not baking; dubbed "newtch" for short), large or small flakes isn't that important but I sorta like large.

Directions:

1. Put desired popcorn amount in a paper bag, put it in the microwave and pop it on popcorn setting, make sure to stop when it slows down a lot, to not burn. You may only be able fit half of what you want in at a time.
2. Drizzle a bunch of EVOO all over the popcorn. You want to do it up pretty good, it is the binding agent for the goods. So you can't go real light.
3. Before all the EVOO runs off, grab a handful of newtch, throw it on. DO NOT BE SHY with it, when I say handful, I literally mean it. Being shy just means weak disappointment of popcorn. It's better to err on the side of too much, as some will simply fall to the bottom.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 if you made a lot, after mixing it around some.
5. Thrown on some dill, no need to go wild. For single person you only need a couple pinches or so.
6. Salt to taste.

Usually there is mix of the toppings at the bottom when you're done. This is not a bad thing, or a reason to back off on the amount you use, It's simply the consequence of properly applying seasoning. I often eat the left over newtch, it tastes good and is healthy.

It's very addictive. After I made it for my mother one time when she tried to pass off her "popcorn" to me as a snack - I got ingredients and enlightened her shortly after. Now she eats it at least once a week, and sometimes she'll eat it daily. The good news about it is that nutritional yeast is absolutely loaded with B vitamins, which is her reason to indulge so frequently (she was told to increase B vitamins by her doctor).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing