Yet another Grounding Gadget : this time from Schnerzinger

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
There is no doubt that these grounding boxes have an effect. The real question...is the effect beneficial ?
For example...slightly tipped up sound at the expense of sound in other frequency ranges (low to mid bass) giving the illusion of more resolution...

I have my Entreq boxes out of the system now and am starting to seriously consider selling them. Still haven't decided. I now firmly believe it is possible to over tweak one's system (footers and grounding boxes)...a real rabbit hole one can get lost in and so too, the ultimate sound potential of the system can be lost via over tweaking. YMMV.

Your room seems a bit small to really be able to gorge yourself on the hightened spatial information. I personally think they're anti timbre & texture, which are more important to me than a massive soundstage.

$ is best spent on the big ticket items... which are the most costly to change so I can see why people like "tweaks".

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I think Rockitman has been vaccinated against grounding devices and footers by my master Yoda ddk, while Ron is getting an early symptom of Tripoint infection from Super Mike.

Tang:p

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I think Rockitman has been vaccinated against grounding devices and footers by my master Yoda ddk, while Ron is getting an early symptom of Tripoint infection from Super Mike.

Last year I though I was vaccinated - but it was a false immunity. Direct exposition was extremely contagious. :eek:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

You are a funny guy Tang ! Rightly describing 2 strong forces on WBF.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
+3

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

You know who’s getting inoculated next ;)!

david

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
A better solution is to eliminate all of your ground-loops, through digital and analog technologies. If there is no current running in the grounds, there is no problem. They are simply safety grounds, no more. Here is an analog cure:

http://www.empiricalaudio.com/products/final-drive

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Looks good. Unfortunately no way of connecting your box say in between pre amp and power amp without buying another interconnect.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
+ 4 , however may be a quick visit and vaccinationattempt by docter Dave may still be in time.
Like me saving up for a tri point troy after visiting audiocrack lol, that would be something

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing