Yet another Grounding Gadget : this time from Schnerzinger

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Schnerzinger is launching a Ground Protector.
Michael Schwab, sale manager of Schnerzinger will do a demo of it at a Hong Kong Schnerzinger dealer this Saturday (3rd Mar).

150520yrbm0bcwympdzwmm.jpg

Will it be as good as Tripoint Troy and Entreq?

Up till now we don't have any additional info/photo of this new product.
How about WBF brother? Can we have some for pre-reading? :)

I shall post some photos of the demo here on Sat.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tang will tell

Aperalim

Jun 4, 2012
Perth, Australia
Schnerzinger is launching a Ground Protector.
Michael Schwab, sale manager of Schnerzinger will do a demo of it at a Hong Kong Schnerzinger dealer this Saturday (3rd Mar).

View attachment 38983

Will it be as good as Tripoint Troy and Entreq?

Up till now we don't have any additional info/photo of this new product.
How about WBF brother? Can we have some for pre-reading? :)

I shall post some photos of the demo here on Sat.

Any sign of those photos from the demo 2 weekends back?

Cheers

Chris

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Yes, equally useful, or equally useless. Whichever.

They work. They ground that RF right out of the air... Which can give desired effects, but the marketing surely doesnt tell you the truth.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Any sign of those photos from the demo 2 weekends back?
Cheers
Chris

Michael Schwab – Schnerzinger Sale Manager and Zellaton President
134600nmfuwh8n00cmu88u.jpg
122040ef36p2wprrpmr7wr.jpg
002128bfrzis87fq299t4h.jpg
122036ibmxmj1o2k3jxbsj.jpg

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes, equally useful, or equally useless. Whichever.

Nordost also have a similar device the QRT-Qkore. I recently witnessed several demos in different places and the damn thing seems to make systems sound different. I have to borrow one to try in more controlled conditions - my system! :cool:

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
They work. They ground that RF right out of the air... Which can give desired effects, but the marketing surely doesnt tell you the truth.

So if you are listening to a radio station and you place this device near the radio, does the radio loss the signal?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
So if you are listening to a radio station and you place this device near the radio, does the radio loss the signal?

Funny... Although how many of us have actually tried multiple radios in a tight area?

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
How much will this grounding box from Schnerzinger cost ? 10.000 € or more ? The Zellaton-Sound at the HIGH END 2016 has been wonderful. This Magic gone in 2017. I'm already curious how it will sound in May 2018.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
How much will this grounding box from Schnerzinger cost ? 10.000 € or more ? The Zellaton-Sound at the HIGH END 2016 has been wonderful. This Magic gone in 2017. I'm already curious how it will sound in May 2018.

The net price in Hong Kong is around USD7k (one SZ groundwire included).
Not sure if there is additional tax for an European import to sell in USA.

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
I already tested some ground devices with various effects! Some were amazing and some were not. I ordered the Schnerzinger Ground Protector for testing and will report when i got experience with it.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
There is no doubt that these grounding boxes have an effect. The real question...is the effect beneficial ?
For example...slightly tipped up sound at the expense of sound in other frequency ranges (low to mid bass) giving the illusion of more resolution...

I have my Entreq boxes out of the system now and am starting to seriously consider selling them. Still haven't decided. I now firmly believe it is possible to over tweak one's system (footers and grounding boxes)...a real rabbit hole one can get lost in and so too, the ultimate sound potential of the system can be lost via over tweaking. YMMV.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
There is no doubt that these grounding boxes have an effect. The real question...is the effect beneficial ?
For example...slightly tipped up sound at the expense of sound in other frequency ranges (low to mid bass) giving the illusion of more resolution...

I have my Entreq boxes out of the system now and am starting to seriously consider selling them. Still haven't decided. I now firmly believe it is possible to over tweak one's system (footers and grounding boxes)...a real rabbit hole one can get lost in and so too, the ultimate sound potential of the system can be lost via over tweaking. YMMV.

+1

IME, it is just as easy to go backwards in this hobby as it is to go forwards. Sometimes even easier to go backwards.

Since everything makes a difference in a resolving system, I believe that it can easily fool one into thinking that something actually sounds better...when in fact the opposite is true. Takes some amount of work to determine whether the 'tweet' is really beneficial or not. Plus, you hardly ever read about the 'tweek' being detrimental in any of the usual periodicals. Like Christian states...it's a real rabbit hole.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
A better solution is to eliminate all of your ground-loops, through digital and analog technologies. If there is no current running in the grounds, there is no problem. They are simply safety grounds, no more. Here is an analog cure:

http://www.empiricalaudio.com/products/final-drive

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
When it comes to audio as mist things in life, I go by that old adage, K.I.S.S. Hence, I keep off of the tweak go round.

Tubedoctor

Dec 12, 2012
Hi rockitman,

I have tried several ground systems in different music systems. The good once, like Tripoint, Nordost and Entreq for example have always delivered significantly better results. You should check your entire system maybe there was a mistake creeping in somewhere - in any case, I would wait with the sale of the entreq once.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing