New NBH-18NS mkII

luiscesar

Oct 19, 2016
Madrid. Spain
I am curious to know what kind of things you can do with the new preamp via Display/Remote.
Fremer said that you can do a lot of things with the new software, but no more info i couldnt find

Could anyone with new preamp tell us/share manual/do a video,... ;D
what can be done and controlled with remote and display. ¿is there any new remote or is the same we use?
I mean:
volume,?
balance, ?
Gain for each input?
Direct access for input?
Naming each input?
Duration of the battery life or charge (like your phone)
For phono, you can change gain? impedances?....

Thanks for sharing your experience

Sencha

Nov 11, 2013
U.K.
From the note darTZeel send out;

A new, gorgeously minimalist display with its 24k golden plated glass, indicating volume level, as well as giving access to several menu layers for enhanced features like volume presets, source sensitivity, battery handling, etc.

What is in the 'etc' bit I cannot say as I haven't done the upgrade yet.

luiscesar

Oct 19, 2016
Madrid. Spain
Thank you Sencha, this is the same info I have from Herve's upgrade program

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Anyone know if the NHB-18NS could give very good results paired with tube amps or monoblocks like KR Kronzilla DX, VAC Signature 200IQ ?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Anyone know if the NHB-18NS could give very good results paired with tube amps or monoblocks like KR Kronzilla DX, VAC Signature 200IQ ?

Most probably yes, it is an excellent preamplfier. But IMHO the real question is if a tube preamplifier of similar price, such as those made by KR, VAC, cj or ARC, for example will sound better than the 18-NS with these tube amplifiers.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

Fremer owns and uses his NHB-18NS with any number of tube amplifiers in reviews. sometimes he has the same brand tube preamp to directly compare. so you could look at some of his tube amp reviews and read about them.

recently I used my 18NS with both the Lamm ML3 Signatures and VAC Statement 450 mono blocks and my take was both were a good match. not all would agree though.

I personally feel that the dart 18NS is an ideal preamp for tube amplifiers. just my 2 cents.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Fremer owns and uses his NHB-18NS with any number of tube amplifiers in reviews. sometimes he has the same brand tube preamp to directly compare. so you could look at some of his tube amp reviews and read about them.

recently I used my 18NS with both the Lamm ML3 Signatures and VAC Statement 450 mono blocks and my take was both were a good match. not all would agree though.

I personally feel that the dart 18NS is an ideal preamp for tube amplifiers. just my 2 cents.

Mike thanks for your input, i'll check Fremer's review about tube amps.
I bet your 18NS with the VAC Statement 450 sound awsome together.
I like the fact that i could use a 18NS with either tube or SS amps.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I'd love to demo Dart 18NS with Aries Cerat Concero 65 monos.
This combo could be crazy good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing