Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Boulder amp from hell...

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by gds7368 View Post
    Thanks for the welcoming!!! NAS into Mac Mini running Roon, Boulder 2120 DAC, 2110 preamp, 3060 amp, Magico M Pro speakers, Critical Mass Maxxum stands, Nordost Odin 2 cables and power cords. Would love to add analog too just havenít taken that step. The system is in a room designed by an audio engineer with absorptive walls (couple reflective points by design, but almost all panels absorb sound) that pulls double duty as my home theater. So one of the 2110 inputs is a Kaleidescape Strato 4K Ultra HD movie player into Datasat rs20i into Sony 4K projector.
    Fantastic! Quite a system! In fact, I am actually more interested in your thoughts on the Kaleidescape which I am very interested in.

1. How exactly does it work? If we own 600 DVDs and Blu-Rays...do you burn them all on your hard drive?
    2. What happens if you have multiple regions...does that cause issues with Kaleidescape?
    3. What is the difference between their 2 main lines of products?

Thanks for any guidance...i have read the website and came away with these questions...and am still waiting for dealer here to provide answers.

As a consumer...how high quality is it...are you happy with it...since it apparently costs more than other options, why did you buy Kaleidescape instead...and do you think it was worth it?
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

Sorry for the delay ... just got back from vacation in Costa Rica ....

1. To burn movies you would need Kaleidescape's Premiere line to back up discs to local HD, such as an M500 Movie Player plus a 1 U+ Movie Server or Disc Vault. I assume you could still buy new movies from the Kaleidescape movie store at that point, but would verify that with the dealer (can't imagine they wouldn't want that money). I have a great local dealer if you need more info, just let me know.

2. Not sure about the Regional discs, such as movies from India or China. Would need to ask a Kaleidescape dealer or rep that one.

3. I have the Kaleidescape Strato movie play and love it. The key to getting the most out of a movie theater is great source material (such as Dolby Atmos 4K UHD) into a good control system (such as Datasat) with a well integrated solution layout (4K projector/tv, quality speakers). Then the 4K UHD video on a Kaleidescape really shines as it is is fully uncompressed, unlike Apple TV 4K or Roku 4K which are extremely compressed. By comparison, I also have Roku 4K player in the same theater room so I have seen Vudu UHD and Netflix 4K movies in the same setting. Vudu movies are great for date night (choose a movie together, then it streams real-time) but Vudu UHD (or any other source) demonstrate compromised blacks, color smearing, and - importantly - very constricted sound. Can't say enough of how amazing uncompressed video and full surround audio transforms the movie experience during Kaleidescape movies. Both picture and sound, other sources seem like MP3 by comparison.

The Kaleidescape store sends emails each week for the new movies that are available, so I usually have several ready to go at all times.

I am very happy with the Kaleidescape purchase and would definitely recommend it. I still watch and enjoy Vudu, Hulu and Netflix in the same room, they just aren't anywhere near as much fun. I'm working on a turntable next for the same idea ... might as well get the best source information since we spend so many hours getting everything else in the system right (to our eyes and ears).

Addicted to Best!
    Fantastic and welcome back. Thanks for that...will continue to pursue Kaleidescape.
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122