Electronica for audiophiles (Part 8 – Ignoreland)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Heard about Infected Mushroom for years, but never heard them. I started listening to some on the main system recently. Wow, what an imaging workout, both for the system and the brain.

I am not that fond of the electronica that predominates with rote, repetitive drum and synth tracks that have little evidence of human intervention. Infected Mushroom is pretty symphonic in a lot of their cuts.

They have zillion tunes.

_____

Bonus:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Heard about Infected Mushroom for years, but never heard them. I started listening to some on the main system recently. Wow, what an imaging workout, both for the system and the brain.

I am not that fond of the electronica that predominates with rote, repetitive drum and synth tracks that have little evidence of human intervention. Infected Mushroom is pretty symphonic in a lot of their cuts.

There's a lot of gunk to wade through Carl but a lot of gems too. :)

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
I find many many masterworks here and some electronic music unknown to me, thanks to all.
neverthless I must add my choice; an Italian artist very strange for his peculiar performing (he performs with optical headlight... please see the video) fantastic for the frequent coreographic use of Nixies tubes.
His name is: Massimo Magrini Aka "Bad Sector".
I got many cd's very very well recorded.
This is NOT music for all tastes, otherwise it's overall interesting...

again from one of my favourite cd

and from the rare and out of print cd "Kosmodrom"

just my two cents
Marco

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
There's a lot of gunk to wade through Carl but a lot of gems too. :)

IDK about that! They have changed style over the years though and earlier stuff was more repetitive trance, I think it's all good but I'm not a big fan of trance. I saw them live in a venue with a massive sound system. You need earplugs, but it was worth it for the experience. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
When you need to wear earplugs @ a live music concert something is not right.
Might as well stay home and watch music videos on Blu-ray.
That way you have control of the volume level. :b

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
When you need to wear earplugs @ a live music concert something is not right.
Might as well stay home and watch music videos on Blu-ray.
That way you have control of the volume level. :b

I guess you'll never get to experience a rock or electronica show... too bad! ;)

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If it isn't an acoustic show in a house or an orchestra unamplified... hearing protection is pretty much a must.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing