TechDAS Air Force lll

Genesis168

Jan 26, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Hi Guys, first post here. Owner of an AF3. It’s an excellent and well thought out table. It misses out the air suspension feet from its bigger brothers. I therefore have it sitting on a vibraplane in which I think is a better form of isolation than the Built in air suspension feet on the AF1 or 2.

Genesis168

Jan 26, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Fascinating to go from Bardo, to Balance, thence CA MI, and now TD AF3. For this last one to combine the major positives of each of the previous three, w no downside and hence be generally superior all ‘round, is a massive feather in the cap of the AF3.
I wonder how this AF3 Premium ups the game?
Btw, am I the only one who prefers the design of the 3 over the 1? And absolutely over the 2?

You are absolutely correct. The simple and elegant design of the AF3 is also my choice over the other 2 as I use multiple arm/cartridge combination. The articulated armboards also make setting a Tonearm less of a chore. But sonically I’m sure the other 2 bigger brothers have the edge

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Hi Kcin;
i was and still a fan of helmut and Brinkman company. i think they are making wonderful equipment and turntables!
i'm enjoying to listen to their stuff at least once a week at a dear friend of mine...(he is the Brinkman dealer locally).

the Balance was a wet dream of mine for the last 10 years since i saw and heard it at the Munich show for the first time.
eventually i could effort it, and bought it after i had the (a SUPERB VFM) Bardo.
my Balance was with the Ront power supply too, and with A.S Aquilar tone arm that replaced the 10.5 from Brinkman i had on my Bardo and got the chance to hear on the Balance too.
(i add a second arm with a self build arm pod in the back for an SME 2M 12R later on)

sound wise it was the best TT i had those time, till i had the chance to get a Clear audio master innovation with TT2 linear arm and that was the end for the Brinkman legacy at my place.
the Balance was very very solid in nature. he sound as it looks in a way :). had a very great and deep presentation. was very quiet (although i had some hum problem from the small oil heating power supply, we couldn't manage to quiet down). and with stable speed and decent PRaT. in the end, i felt i need\wanted- more open presentation and details\resolution.
and that what the clear audio brings, in comparison. add the mid and bass texture though less deep bass as the Balance i was in for the trade off.

the AF3 is a different Ball game altogether to my ears.
it have the bass and relax presentation of the Balance (at first he sounded sooooo relax vs the CA i thought i did a mistake!) with the texture and resolution of the clear audio.
add the perfect pitch and stability of the OLD STYLE horses from japan and you've got some of the Perfect TT in the market today for the Price. he is so natural that every arm and cart combo will get their base to preform and shows their quality! i LOVE my TD AF3 as you can tell, and think its one of the best there is now days... if you not going into blood Gushing budgets! :eek:

Aviad.

i never auditioned the La grange...

Thank you for your insights.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing